2018 Acceptances

3 minutes ago, katie64 said:

For everyone who did get invited: are you all PhD applicants? 
Purdue is one of my very top choices, so trying not to stress. :/ 

I was about to ask this, as well! I applied to Purdue’s MA program & didn’t receive an invitation. 

27 minutes ago, Wabbajack said:

I can't believe I received an email on super bowl Sunday, but I just got an acceptance email from my POI at the University of South Florida. The email said that the DGS should reach out in the next few days.

Congrats! Awesome news! 

And yes, you all, I applied to a PhD program. 

But please don't stress! Purdue has a weird system where they keep all applications open until their cohorts are filled, so you're not out of the running until you officially get a rejection. 

Edited by klader

1 hour ago, Wabbajack said:

I can't believe I received an email on super bowl Sunday, but I just got an acceptance email from my POI at the University of South Florida. The email said that the DGS should reach out in the next few days.

TD!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Wabbajack said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I ran out of reactions. Thank you @punctilious   @EspritHabile  @klader @FreakyFoucault !!!

3 hours ago, CHAO_O said:

Got two offers so released!

Congratulations!! I see in your signature that UC Davis one of them. One of my absolute best friends is in that Lit program. I'd be happy to introduce you if you're interested. For what it's worth, she LOVES it. She got into everywhere that she applied and is so happy with her decision to attend Davis.

5 hours ago, katie64 said:

For everyone who did get invited: are you all PhD applicants? 
Purdue is one of my very top choices, so trying not to stress. :/ 

Like some of noted, don’t worry so much about not hearing from Purdue yet. It’s also very very likely they don’t invite MA applications to their visit weekend/fund MA visits. I only had one program offer a visit when I was applying for MAs (out of 4). 

21 minutes ago, klader said:

Got my acceptance from Purdue today, y'all!!!!

Nooooooiiise :D:D:D !!! Congrats!

12 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

Just got wait listed at Minnesota and accepted at West Virginia ( with fellowship nomination). SO PLEASED!

Congrats :) :) :) !!!

Edited by FreakyFoucault