2018 Acceptances

13 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

Just got wait listed at Minnesota and accepted at West Virginia ( with fellowship nomination). SO PLEASED!

YAY! I already ran out of upvotes for today, but huge congratulations!!

22 minutes ago, klader said:

Got my acceptance from Purdue today, y'all!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

31 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

Just got wait listed at Minnesota and accepted at West Virginia ( with fellowship nomination). SO PLEASED!

40 minutes ago, klader said:

Congrats you guys!! Starting the week off right. 

18 hours ago, Wabbajack said:

I ran out of reactions. Thank you @punctilious   @EspritHabile  @klader @FreakyFoucault !!!

Congratulations!! I see in your signature that UC Davis one of them. One of my absolute best friends is in that Lit program. I'd be happy to introduce you if you're interested. For what it's worth, she LOVES it. She got into everywhere that she applied and is so happy with her decision to attend Davis.

Thank you so much, but I will prob go to PSU. Not sure yet, invited to visit PSU in two weeks while Davis didn't say a word about funding. I saw you applied to Penn State as well! Good luck!

1 hour ago, klader said:

HOORAY!!! Congratulations!!

1 hour ago, midwest-ford said:

Accepted into the University of Nebraska Lincoln's Comp/Rhet PhD, unless they rescind my acceptance for being totally braindead on the phone call! 

Woot woot!!! Congratulations!!

3 hours ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

Congrats @Wabbajack and @CHAO_O !!

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, OceansAreBlue said:

Congratulations! Do you know if WVU sent out MA acceptances today as well? I have yet to hear from them.

2 hours ago, OceansAreBlue said:

2 hours ago, klader said:

Congratulations to @klader@Wabbajack@OceansAreBlue (fellowship nom, way to go!), and @CHAO_O! Sorry if I missed anyone!

Purdue sent me a nice email today, too! I shall celebrate by grading all night.

13 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Yayyy congrats!!!! I recommend breaking out the champagne 1) to celebrate and 2) to make grading more fun! 

Ooh, I dunno.... getting three good emails in a row is probably begging for some karmic balancing. Might get a champagne cork in the eye or break a window! 

Does anyone have advice (or wanna point me to an existing thread) about how to make decisions like this?

3 minutes ago, EspritHabile said:

Might get a champagne cork in the eye or break a window!

Hold down the cork with the palm of your hand and point the bottle away from you; twist the bottle while holding the cork to break the seal, and keep going until the cork breaks free (but stays in your hand)! Voila!

30 minutes ago, EspritHabile said:

Congratulations to @klader@Wabbajack@OceansAreBlue (fellowship nom, way to go!), and @CHAO_O! Sorry if I missed anyone!

Purdue sent me a nice email today, too! I shall celebrate by grading all night.

Congrats!!! I also will be grading tonight, and also agonizing over this really tough decision I will have to make :(

7 hours ago, OceansAreBlue said:

I got accepted to Pittsburgh. YAYY!!

2 hours ago, jvvne said:

Accepted to Pittsburgh today—can barely believe it! Congrats to everyone hearing back this week :):) 

HUGE congratulations to you both! That is so amazing!!!