2018 Acceptances

4 hours ago, FishNerd said:

We have been told so many times that trying to do academia together could be next to impossible, so we are just so happy and thankful that we have beat the odds. Each of us has always tried to do the best we can so we can stay together through all the hurdles and we are just so relieved to have passed this hurdle. It'd be great if we get a joint acceptance at our other top school but we are not going to complain because one is all we really wanted.

Congrats! I have friends who managed to do law school together and are still happily married 10 years on. 

@maengret and @OceansAreBlue Thanks so much you guys! It took a lot of research to find schools that were really good fits (or possible good fits) for both of us so we are thrilled that one worked out!

Again, congrats to everyone on their acceptances so far and I hope today brings even more good news for everyone!

Just to be clear-and not confuse anyone for next year-I did NOT get into Vanderbilt! I wanted to draw attention to the fact that the results said U of Vanderbilt, but looking back at my post, it totally could look like an acceptance. Although I would LOVE to have gotten an acceptance to Vandy, I have no chance since I did not apply!

Sorry about that!

I was so confused that I posted in the wrong thread! I switched to French this year, but I was in the Comp Lit batch last year, so I wanted to share here... I got into Rutgers!! For the French Ph.D!! Fellowship and assistantship... !!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

I just got an acceptance from University of Oregon. They have some great faculty in my field. Feeling really blessed and grateful. 

5 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

I was so confused that I posted in the wrong thread! I switched to French this year, but I was in the Comp Lit batch last year, so I wanted to share here... I got into Rutgers!! For the French Ph.D!! Fellowship and assistantship... !!!!!!!!

WOO! Awesome! Congrats!

6 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

21 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

Yes!! Congratulations!

25 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

I just got an acceptance from University of Oregon. They have some great faculty in my field. Feeling really blessed and grateful. 

Awesome! And it's a fantastic area to live (allegedly, so sayeth the friends who are constantly trying to make me relocate).