2018 Acceptances

1 hour ago, katie64 said:

Finally received some news back - acceptance to Louisville's MA program and placed on waitlist for funding. Kind of bittersweet because there's really no way I can go without the funding, and it's one of my top choices, so if you've been accepted with a GTAship and already know you won't be going, I would love if you would notify them! 

Congratulations! I know the GTA thing isn't great but fingers crossed for you that it works out. 

I can't believe it. I don't know how I'm supposed to work for the rest of the day. I never, ever would have expected this (especially with all of our waitlists AND that we are not from an Ivy or Ivy-equivalent school)! Thank you all so much. :)

23 minutes ago, punctilious said:

HUSBAND GOT INTO HARVARD

I CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN MYSELF HOLY OMGGGGGGGGGGG IS THIS REAL LIFE?????!!!!!!!!!!!

That's amazing! I wish I could give you all of my upvotes for today!

10 minutes ago, CulturalCriminal said:

Congrats! I suppose this means you know where he'll be going?

I meeeeaaaannnn this was his absolute dream school/dream POI. Plus we want to live in the EU/UK following his PhD, so the name could carry us anywhere. I think it's what he wants, especially since it was an outright acceptance (they said they had no doubt about his application).

29 minutes ago, punctilious said:

HUSBAND GOT INTO HARVARD

I CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN MYSELF HOLY OMGGGGGGGGGGG IS THIS REAL LIFE?????!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!! That's so awesome! Congratulations!

I hope the acceptance from haw-vawd eases some of that waitlist tension. How exciting!

1 hour ago, renea said:

Finally heard back from Florida State- accepted with funding, which means my husband and I finally both have acceptances to the same school!

YES!!! Congrats to you both!!!

39 minutes ago, punctilious said:

HUSBAND GOT INTO HARVARD

OMG HUSBAND WAY TO GO!!!! So happy to see this!

1 hour ago, punctilious said:

HUSBAND GOT INTO HARVARD

OH WOW!!!! HUGE CONGRATS TO HIM! THAT IS UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING! I assume he's going to take that offer, which I am sure is amazing!

2 hours ago, renea said:

Finally heard back from Florida State- accepted with funding, which means my husband and I finally both have acceptances to the same school!

Congratulations! I'm amazed at anyone who has managed to pull off landing two people at one institution. 

2 hours ago, punctilious said:

HUSBAND GOT INTO HARVARD

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! I know I don't actually know you, but I'm freaking out for you anyway! I am so happy for you! You (both) worked so hard and so deserve this!!

Edited by M(allthevowels)H