2018 Acceptances

Thank you all again, really. I'm so glad we've had all of you by our side during this process.

1 hour ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! I know I don't actually know you, but I'm freaking out for you anyway! I am so happy for you! You (both) worked so hard and so deserve this!!

This is sooo sweet! Thank you so much!

Good luck on funding, @katie64! Fingers crossed for you!

@punctilious OH MY GOODNESS! CONGRATS! THIS IS SO EXCITING!

@reneaI'm so happy you are in at the same school as you husband! That's perfect. 

I love it when this thread lights up with news of dreams coming true <3 

4 hours ago, punctilious said:

HUSBAND GOT INTO HARVARD

I CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN MYSELF HOLY OMGGGGGGGGGGG IS THIS REAL LIFE?????!!!!!!!!!!!

A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!  My words ring true when I said your husband had as good a chance as any to get into an Ivy program. 

3 minutes ago, ltr317 said:

A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!  My words ring true when I said your husband had as good a chance as any to get into an Ivy program. 

You really were right! And it looks like we aren’t the only non-Ivy grads on the results board to be accepted!

3 hours ago, DeePee16 said:

Not that I have a realistic shot at Harvard anyway BUT do we think Harvard acceptances are all out, or is it fair to give it another day?

I am unsure--his acceptance was via email from the DGS. It wasn't particularly personalized other than his name, and it also mentioned, "You will be receiving a formal letter of offer in a week to ten days, which will include specific details of Harvard’s generous six-year financial award."

I'm hoping you hear good news!!!

@punctilious ahhhhh that's incredible, huge huge huge congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Massive, massive congrats to you @renea--so amazing to have landed the elusive double acceptance--and @katie64--adding to the chorus of well wishes on funding!!!! 

I just discovered this forum, and I'm not yet sure whether reading through all 66 pages of this thread over the last hour or so has alleviated or aggrivated my anxiety.

Results so far:

PhD Texas-rejection email, UConn- Waitlisted for Lit (seems like a big club)

Still waiting to hear from:

PhD: Iowa, Colorado 

MA: Penn State, Miami Ohio, and Kentucky

Best Wishes to all.

5 minutes ago, PricklyParoxysm said:

I just discovered this forum, and I'm not yet sure whether reading through all 66 pages of this thread over the last hour or so has alleviated or aggrivated my anxiety.

Results so far:

Best Wishes to all.

Hi Prickly,

Mary at UConn said in my waislist email that the waitlist was "selective." Lets keep that in mind!! I'm optimistic!

And welcome aboard!

If I remember correctly, UConn waitlists by specialization and cut down the number of people they accepted this year. As a result, it is possible that they've waitlisted people who may have been accepted in a prior year. :)

2 hours ago, PricklyParoxysm said:

Results so far:

Best Wishes to all.

Welcome! I also haven't officially heard from Colorado. She's a choosy mistress, and she likes to make us wait.

2 hours ago, laekkauai said:

Accepted to Duke Masters of Environmental Management and Indiana Bloomington MS Environmental Science. Still waiting on Stanford MS Sustainable Design and Construction :/ 

Congrats on Duke and Indiana!!

10 hours ago, laekkauai said:

Accepted to Duke Masters of Environmental Management and Indiana Bloomington MS Environmental Science. Still waiting on Stanford MS Sustainable Design and Construction :/ 

Congrats! Wrong forum tho :P 

Hi everyone, 

All my friends told me to avoid the grad cafe addiction for the sake of my anxiety but I couldn't help lurk for a while... and it's really great to see how supportive everyone is on here so I thought I would finally sign up, and hopefully find help later down the line about committing to a program! Currently I received offers from the NYU MA program, Penn State (MA on track to Ph.D? Their program is a strange one) and the Tufts Ph.D program, but I'm still waiting for a few more results. Congratulations to everyone who has heard good news so far and good luck for the rest of the admission results :) 

3 minutes ago, swimming said:

Hi everyone, 

All my friends told me to avoid the grad cafe addiction for the sake of my anxiety but I couldn't help lurk for a while... and it's really great to see how supportive everyone is on here so I thought I would finally sign up, and hopefully find help later down the line about committing to a program! Currently I received offers from the NYU MA program, Penn State (MA on track to Ph.D? Their program is a strange one) and the Tufts Ph.D program, but I'm still waiting for a few more results. Congratulations to everyone who has heard good news so far and good luck for the rest of the admission results :) 

Welcome, and congratulations on your acceptances so far! What are your areas/research interests?

6 minutes ago, swimming said:

Hi everyone, 

Welcome and HUGE congratulations!!! Those are such fantastic programs! It sounds like you'll have a tough choice to make.

Maybe we will catch you around the Cambridge/Somerville/Medford area? :)

1 hour ago, EspritHabile said:

Welcome, and congratulations on your acceptances so far! What are your areas/research interests?

Thank you guys for the welcome!! I'm currently interested in post colonialism, Asian American/Asian diasporic literature, transnationalism, and autobiographical writing.

57 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Welcome and HUGE congratulations!!! Those are such fantastic programs! It sounds like you'll have a tough choice to make.

Maybe we will catch you around the Cambridge/Somerville/Medford area? :)

Thank you and congratulations to you and your husband too! I'm having trouble deciding so I'm definitely looking forward to visiting the campuses, I've been pestering my friend who goes to Harvard currently for undergrad about how he likes Boston/its living costs haha 

13 hours ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

Welcome! I also haven't officially heard from Colorado. She's a choosy mistress, and she likes to make us wait.

Congrats on Duke and Indiana!!

Sorry I was just informed i posted this in the wrong place.... Sorry and congrats to all of the acceptances in Literature and Comp!