2018 Acceptances

3 hours ago, WildeThing said:

Tentative email?

Can you provide some more info? Like when, are more emails being sent, what your specialty is? I also applied to comp lit there.

The email was sent yesterday, inviting to visit Stanford on March 7th and 8th. I don't know whether more e-mails are being sent. I focus on German-Jewish and Hebrew literature as they relate to questions of immigration, translation, reception and world literature.

Edited by id_ot

1 hour ago, id_ot said:

The email was sent yesterday, inviting to visit Stanford on March 7th and 8th. I don't know whether more e-mails are being sent. I focus on German-Jewish and Hebrew literature as they relate to questions of immigration, translation, reception and world literature.

Congrats! That’s so awesome!!

6 hours ago, id_ot said:

Hello everyone. First post (have been following since the thread opened though). Received an e-mail from the Student Affairs Officer for Comparative Literature at Stanford inviting me to an on-campus interview in early March. First response - I am really excited. 

Congrats!

I received word last week that I had been admitted to the comms program at Illinois! It's a MA/PhD program in communication, but the concentration is in rhetoric and public discourse. Really excited about this one!

33 minutes ago, HopefulRhetorician said:

I received word last week that I had been admitted to the comms program at Illinois! It's a MA/PhD program in communication, but the concentration is in rhetoric and public discourse. Really excited about this one!

Congrats!

12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just got the official interview for Chicago! It must have just been a day late. Don't spiral - stay hopeful all!

Unless you never got the tentative interview request, which we did not! Pretty sure that ain't happening. We've already moved on from our Chicago woes.

But congrats!!!

Edited by punctilious

3 minutes ago, bumbleblu said:

Congrats @HopefulRhetorician!

I just heard from the third Gender Studies program I applied to -- waitlisted again. I'm amazed, especially considering I was applying outside my discipline. 

BUT that means that I'm waiting on the English programs. What's gonna happen?????

Congrats! Those small programs are hyper-competitive!

Curiosity: Did you look at Michigan's dual phd in English and Women's Studies?

7 minutes ago, bumbleblu said:

Congrats @HopefulRhetorician!

I just heard from the third Gender Studies program I applied to -- waitlisted again. I'm amazed, especially considering I was applying outside my discipline. 

BUT that means that I'm waiting on the English programs. What's gonna happen?????

YAY! That's really awesome. Do you have a preference between English and Gender Studies, if you were given the choice of programs in both categories?

5 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Congrats! Those small programs are hyper-competitive!

Curiosity: Did you look at Michigan's dual phd in English and Women's Studies?

Thanks!!

It was one of the programs I applied to two years ago, but I decided not to reapply because the fit wasn't that great.

8 minutes ago, punctilious said:

YAY! That's really awesome. Do you have a preference between English and Gender Studies, if you were given the choice of programs in both categories?

It's very difficult to say. I think I would prefer a Gender Studies program, just based on the trajectory my M.A. research took me; but I think I could do good work in any of the English programs I applied to as well. 

I mean, right now my preference is for whichever program wants to accept me. B)

2 minutes ago, bumbleblu said:

It's very difficult to say. I think I would prefer a Gender Studies program, just based on the trajectory my M.A. research took me; but I think I could do good work in any of the English programs I applied to as well. 

Lol, I hear you on that one. We just need at least one acceptance over here, dang it!

15 minutes ago, bumbleblu said:

That's exaclty what I was saying but now I already have two great offers from great schools in my field and it is really hard for me to choose. And I am still waiting 6 decisions. I know it sounds kinda "bad" but it actually is a problem :P