2018 Acceptances

Hi everyone -- first forum post from a forever lurker! I was just accepted to the Ph.D. at SUNY Buffalo after a wild ride!!! I was originally rejected from the Ph.D. and accepted to the M.A., which I declined due to lack of funding. Shortly after, I was placed on the Ph.D. waitlist. Just got the acceptance call today! I think one or two others on here may be attending UB :lol:

I'm still sitting on WLs at UT Austin and at UMich for the Women's Studies and English Joint Ph.D., but I'm so psyched to finally have an offer on the table!!! 

2 hours ago, velvet_witch said:

Hi everyone -- first forum post from a forever lurker! I was just accepted to the Ph.D. at SUNY Buffalo after a wild ride!!! I was originally rejected from the Ph.D. and accepted to the M.A., which I declined due to lack of funding. Shortly after, I was placed on the Ph.D. waitlist. Just got the acceptance call today! I think one or two others on here may be attending UB :lol:

I'm still sitting on WLs at UT Austin and at UMich for the Women's Studies and English Joint Ph.D., but I'm so psyched to finally have an offer on the table!!! 

Congratulations! App season is full of ups and downs. Glad you have an official acceptance!

5 hours ago, Englishnerd2018 said:

Accepted my offer at SMU. It was a hard decision between 3 schools at the end, but ultimately the 'feel' of the campus and the dynamic of the faculty won me over. I'm so excited for everyone here and wish you all great success and happiness wherever you are!

Congratulations on your decision! 

43 minutes ago, AngieEngLit said:

Just got the phone call from University of Arizona DGS for English Lit: accepted off the waitlist, woo hoo!!!

Congrats! That's really exciting! I know this one was your top choice so I'm happy it worked out. :)

27 minutes ago, Kilos said:

Just got an email/phone call from the DGS at UConn. Accepted off the waitlist for the Ph.D. in English (Rhet/Comp specialization). I'm bouncing off the walls.

YESSSSSSSSS! I'm so glad this one worked out for you! :)