Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, swimming said:

Hi everyone, 

All my friends told me to avoid the grad cafe addiction for the sake of my anxiety but I couldn't help lurk for a while... and it's really great to see how supportive everyone is on here so I thought I would finally sign up, and hopefully find help later down the line about committing to a program! Currently I received offers from the NYU MA program, Penn State (MA on track to Ph.D? Their program is a strange one) and the Tufts Ph.D program, but I'm still waiting for a few more results. Congratulations to everyone who has heard good news so far and good luck for the rest of the admission results :) 

 

Welcome, and congratulations on your acceptances so far! What are your areas/research interests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, swimming said:

Hi everyone, 

All my friends told me to avoid the grad cafe addiction for the sake of my anxiety but I couldn't help lurk for a while... and it's really great to see how supportive everyone is on here so I thought I would finally sign up, and hopefully find help later down the line about committing to a program! Currently I received offers from the NYU MA program, Penn State (MA on track to Ph.D? Their program is a strange one) and the Tufts Ph.D program, but I'm still waiting for a few more results. Congratulations to everyone who has heard good news so far and good luck for the rest of the admission results :)

Welcome and HUGE congratulations!!! Those are such fantastic programs! It sounds like you'll have a tough choice to make.

Maybe we will catch you around the Cambridge/Somerville/Medford area? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EspritHabile said:

Welcome, and congratulations on your acceptances so far! What are your areas/research interests?

 Thank you guys for the welcome!! I'm currently interested in post colonialism, Asian American/Asian diasporic literature, transnationalism, and autobiographical writing.

57 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Welcome and HUGE congratulations!!! Those are such fantastic programs! It sounds like you'll have a tough choice to make.

Maybe we will catch you around the Cambridge/Somerville/Medford area? :)

Thank you and congratulations to you and your husband too! I'm having trouble deciding so I'm definitely looking forward to visiting the campuses, I've been pestering my friend who goes to Harvard currently for undergrad about how he likes Boston/its living costs haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yanaka said:

Congrats! Wrong forum tho :P 

Doh!! Sorry I totally didn't see the subtopic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

Welcome! I also haven't officially heard from Colorado. She's a choosy mistress, and she likes to make us wait.

Congrats on Duke and Indiana!!

Sorry I was just informed i posted this in the wrong place.... Sorry and congrats to all of the acceptances in Literature and Comp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@swimming: FWIW, I have a few friends who live in Boston and complain about it. But they say they would never consider living anywhere else. Some of them started there as graduate students and have refused to leave since then.

Tufts, Brandeis, BC and BU are part of the Boston Consortium as well. So acceptance to any will allow you to register for a course at other if it fits your desired program of study. :) (Harvard is part of a different consortium.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ancientqueen said:

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

Congratulations! That's an awesome program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ancientqueen said:

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

YAYYYY that is absolutely wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ancientqueen said:

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

Yay!! Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ancientqueen said:

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

Well done! That's such a great program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently playing phone tag with the DGS at Kentucky, who left me a voicemail earlier (while I was watching Black Panther, again) stating that I was at the top of the waitlist and an offer was likely. So i've got that going for me at least, which is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone with good news over the last couple of days, and welcome to the newcomers!

I thought I would update in case it would be of use to future applicants: I received an informal notification of admission to the University of Georgia (UGA) via email from the DGS on 2/22, several days after I saw that the portal had updated to read "offer of admission." I still haven't received my official letter from the Graduate School, although it should be coming through "traditional mail." 

Edited by JustPoesieAlong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ancientqueen said:

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

Congratulations!!! 

55 minutes ago, PricklyParoxysm said:

Currently playing phone tag with the DGS at Kentucky, who left me a voicemail earlier (while I was watching Black Panther, again) stating that I was at the top of the waitlist and an offer was likely. So i've got that going for me at least, which is nice.

Awesome news! All the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PricklyParoxysm said:

Currently playing phone tag with the DGS at Kentucky, who left me a voicemail earlier (while I was watching Black Panther, again) stating that I was at the top of the waitlist and an offer was likely. So i've got that going for me at least, which is nice.

Congrats! I hope you get more good news from them!

20 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Congrats to everyone with good news over the last couple of days, and welcome to the newcomers!

I thought I would update in case it would be of use to future applicants: I received an informal notification of admission to the University of Georgia (UGA) via email from the DGS on 2/22, several days after I saw that the portal had updated to read "offer of admission." I still haven't received my official letter from the Graduate School, although it should be coming through "traditional mail." 

Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ancientqueen said:

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DeePee16 said:

Wait there's a Columbia acceptance on the board. WHATTTT?

I saw that too. There's only one though - does anyone want to claim it? I thought Columbia was still deciding and people would be hearing next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThePandaBard said:

I saw that too. There's only one though - does anyone want to claim it? I thought Columbia was still deciding and people would be hearing next week.

Exactly my thoughts. It would be great if someone could claim it! God, heart racing and palms clammy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got into Columbia!!!!! I actually did not post on the board, so that must be another. I have been rejected from all 7 of my other programs, and this was the last place I was waiting on, and I just got accepted. Oh my god. I am beyond happy, grateful, and shocked. I've been looking at options for next year assuming I'd have to apply again for another round. YOU GUYS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, automatic said:

I just got into Columbia!!!!! I actually did not post on the board, so that must be another. I have been rejected from all 7 of my other programs, and this was the last place I was waiting on, and I just got accepted. Oh my god. I am beyond happy, grateful, and shocked. I've been looking at options for next year assuming I'd have to apply again for another round. YOU GUYS. 

HOLY CRAP!!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST THING EVER I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU OMG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, automatic said:

I just got into Columbia!!!!! I actually did not post on the board, so that must be another. I have been rejected from all 7 of my other programs, and this was the last place I was waiting on, and I just got accepted. Oh my god. I am beyond happy, grateful, and shocked. I've been looking at options for next year assuming I'd have to apply again for another round. YOU GUYS. 

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, automatic said:

I just got into Columbia!!!!! I actually did not post on the board, so that must be another. I have been rejected from all 7 of my other programs, and this was the last place I was waiting on, and I just got accepted. Oh my god. I am beyond happy, grateful, and shocked. I've been looking at options for next year assuming I'd have to apply again for another round. YOU GUYS. 

That is wonderful news @automatic! Was it phone or email? And did you JUST hear back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, automatic said:

I just got into Columbia!!!!! I actually did not post on the board, so that must be another. I have been rejected from all 7 of my other programs, and this was the last place I was waiting on, and I just got accepted. Oh my god. I am beyond happy, grateful, and shocked. I've been looking at options for next year assuming I'd have to apply again for another round. YOU GUYS. 

Congratulations!!! Would you mind tell us if it's an informal email from a POI or an official offer letter from the DGS? Either way, it looks like you might not be the only one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.