Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

Yale

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 irockhard

irockhard

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

So I have pretty much set my mind on living in HGS, BUT then I got the email from graduate housing about the noisy ongoing construction project next to HGS. Anyone else concerned about this? Can anyone who happens to be around HGS currently tell us how noisy it is really?

#22 irockhard

irockhard

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

So I have pretty much set my mind on living in HGS, BUT then I got the email from graduate housing about the noisy ongoing construction project next to HGS. Anyone else concerned about this? Can anyone who happens to be around HGS currently tell us how noisy it is really?

So I decided today that screw the noise, I will live in HGS anyway.Anyone else going to live in HGS?

#23 Gaeta

Gaeta

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Program:MA Statistics

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hi guys! I'll be pursuing an MA in Stats this year. Very excited as I could not have dreamt of a better school to be at!

irockhard, I'm also going to be at HGS. I can pretty much sleep through anything and I figured if the construction is bothering me when I need to study, I can just head to a library. I think you made the right choice Posted Image. Anyone else joining us?

#24 Theoretical2010

Theoretical2010

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTehran
  • Program:Theoretical Physics

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

Posted Image Well, in fact, I think HGS is a very good place, my first choice was a room in HGS, but I did not get it, so I am going to 254 p street.

#25 magic

magic

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hi guys! I'll be pursuing an MA in Stats this year. Very excited as I could not have dreamt of a better school to be at!

irockhard, I'm also going to be at HGS. I can pretty much sleep through anything and I figured if the construction is bothering me when I need to study, I can just head to a library. I think you made the right choice Posted Image. Anyone else joining us?

Hey Gaeta, I'm also coming for Stats! Are you in the Facebook group for the new 2010 grad students yet? I'd love to chat

#26 Gaeta

Gaeta

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Program:MA Statistics

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

Hey Gaeta, I'm also coming for Stats! Are you in the Facebook group for the new 2010 grad students yet? I'd love to chat

magic, I PMed you. Looking forward to meeting you!

#27 indianacat

indianacat

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationYale
  • Application Season:Already Attending

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

I have a question..not long to go now and in my pre-arrival organisation I was getting all my finances in order (ugh), checked my Yale admit letter for my exact stipend amount - and realised they are 'pleased to offer a minimum level of support of $26,000' per year. I haven't received any other correspondence with an exact figure as far as I can see - does anyone know if I should take this amount as very close to the mark or maybe I'm going to get a a very happy surprise (I know, I can dream though).

I feel like this is something I should have received confirmation of! Is everyone else's package as vague?

#28 cogneuroforfun

cogneuroforfun

Mocha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Application Season:Already Attending
  • Program:Neuroscience

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

I'm guessing they put that in just in case you end up receiving a special fellowship or outside funding or something like that. You'd probably know if that was the case, though, so the chances of a happy surprise might be kind of slim :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users