Testtudo at UMD

prats

All those who applied to UMD please help .The testudo says my decision pending ...what do you speculate ? A friend of mine has already recieved a rejection letter . Please comment on my situation . :!: :cry:

same case for me too. I have a pending decision at UMD. I have even emailed them asking to inform me about possible time of notification. No reply. God knows what is going on.

I finally figured out how to do it if you do not have a student ID. Go to the page linked below and click "submit." The next page should have an option for "former student/parent access." In that option, enter your social security number and your birthdate (DDMMYY). It should give you the result. I was in the same boat as you were, with the comment that "a decision has been made" and I'd be notified in the mail, and this worked for me.

http://www.testudo.umd.edu/apps/gradapp/

ok so finally there is someone like me . Well i maybe wrong but i have a hunch that this maybe the waitlist . What do you say fellows?

May be, may be not. Even if we are waitlisted, will it do any good? As far as I know, waitlisted people get their resutls after April 15. Before that, I have to let other people know about my decisions. So, even if a positive news break out after April 15, it will be of no use to me :(

My Testudo page says decision pending when I log in both ways (regular and parent/former student access), and my Apra login still says that my application "is currently being processed or soon will be." Do I need to wait until Apra says that a decision has been made before the acceptance or rejection shows up in Testudo? What does the Apra status page say if you've been waitlisted? Is there anyone out there who has been officially waitlisted at UMD who would like to chime in?

Maa - I've also emailed asking about a timeline for decisions. I tried calling to no avail, so I emailed a professor I was in contact with prior to applying -- he forwarded my email to the dept chair who is involved in the admissions process. I'm hoping to have some information soon. In your case, I'd try a different emailing a different contact, since the first one didn't respond. I think it's fair at this point to try and figure out where we stand, so we can make the best decisions about other programs.

Last, I managed to get the deadline for accepting/declining another offer extended without even really asking. I just wrote the department, saying I was confused about the deadline (acceptance letter was ambiguous, and there have been problems with admissions materials not arriving on time), and I was offered until the end of April to make a decision. You might be able to do the same -- I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try.

I'm sorry you all are still waiting, too, but it feels better to have some company...

My Apra page said that my "application was currently being processed or soon would be" from the time my application was complete until about two weeks ago, when the message changed to "a decision has been made about your application and you will receive notice in the mail in two to three weeks." I couldn't figure out the login on Testudo until a couple of days ago, and when I figured it out (logged in with ss#/birthdate on the former student/parent page), there was a decision posted (it said "not recommended for admission.") So, if your Apra said a decision had been made, it would have been on Testudo. If your Apra still says the application is currently being processed, I would guess they have yet to make a decision on your application -- maybe they have an informal wait list?

The decision should be on testudo when it has been made. I got lucky when I called the department, they let me know that they had sent out the unofficial decision letters and fortunately I was one of them. This was in late February. I don't think I got official word from the university until March. Was your application deadline 12/1? It seemed like it took a longer time to hear back from UMD than it did the other schools I applied to. Best of luck...

Today, I received an e-mail from UMD saying that I am waitlisted. They had 1000 applicants and can take less than 10%. Anyway, they want to know if I am still interested.

good for you Maa . this would be my case too i believe . well this would be the third place where i would be waitlisted . its so frustrating . still waiting on 6 places more. :twisted:

My application deadline was 1/15/08. No official waitlist email for me, but I'm guessing that I've been placed on an informal waitlist or that the program has some sort of ranking system. I applied for a Masters program with rolling admission, so I'm wondering if that has also contributed to the delay (PhD decisions taking priority?). I created a post about this a few days ago in the Waiting it Out forum, but no one replied.

And congrats, Maa. Hope good news comes your way shortly.

My application deadline was 1/15/08. No official waitlist email for me, but I'm guessing that I've been placed on an informal waitlist or that the program has some sort of ranking system. I applied for a Masters program with rolling admission, so I'm wondering if that has also contributed to the delay (PhD decisions taking priority?). I created a post about this a few days ago in the Waiting it Out forum, but no one replied.

And congrats, Maa. Hope good news comes your way shortly.

Thank you all. UMD told me that their wait list is unranked. They are supposed to know about my condition by April 15.

Thank you all. UMD told me that their wait list is unranked. They are supposed to know about my condition by April 15.

Maa-This means that if you say that you are intrested they will accept you ? Hope my program does that too !!!

I am not that much optimistic. I guess they wanted my opinion because if I am not interested then they will pick another person if a seat falls vacant. I found in the result section of gradcafe that some other people also received same notification. I guess they all received same type of e-mails.

Hi,

I was offered admission to the PhD program in ECE sometime in mid-march, though without aid (which is not very encouraging). Testudo shows my application status as "Pending decision" even now. I am an international student, so i think grad school cannot give me an official admit till I accept the offer and submit the financial documents.

hm, I'm an international, too. I wonder among those whose status still reads "pending", are only those people accepted, who already received word from UMD and those who haven't heard are thereby rejected? I hope not :(

Hi,

I was offered admission to the PhD program in ECE sometime in mid-march, though without aid (which is not very encouraging). Testudo shows my application status as "Pending decision" even now. I am an international student, so i think grad school cannot give me an official admit till I accept the offer and submit the financial documents.

But in my case I haven't got any acceptances till now from them . My friend who got rejected long time ago did recieve a hard Copy letter of rejection . so i am thinking I maybe waitlisted informally . what do you say?

But in my case I haven't got any acceptances till now from them . My friend who got rejected long time ago did recieve a hard Copy letter of rejection . so i am thinking I maybe waitlisted informally . what do you say?

That could be the case. I wish you good luck. I face a similar situation with UCSB, Virginia tech and RPI.

By the way, which stream/area are you interested in? I applied for controls.

I have wrote to them and they replied that they had not heard from many students yet. So, they may not make any offer before April 14. Anyway, I have extended my deadline at another school for three days. I guess this should be enough.

I have wrote to them and they replied that they had not heard from many students yet. So, they may not make any offer before April 14. Anyway, I have extended my deadline at another school for three days. I guess this should be enough.

Ya they said that will have to wait till middle of this month .lets hope !!!

I'm still waiting for someone to even tell me I'm on the waitlist. I emailed the department to ask about my status, but so far I have not heard anything. I have a decent extension from my other top choice, but I would like to be able to begin making plans as soon as possible.

I wish you all the best! Hopefully we'll all receive good (and timely) news next week!

I'm still waiting for someone to even tell me I'm on the waitlist. I emailed the department to ask about my status, but so far I have not heard anything. I have a decent extension from my other top choice, but I would like to be able to begin making plans as soon as possible.

I wish you all the best! Hopefully we'll all receive good (and timely) news next week!

All the best to you as well !!! It would be worth the wait if I clear this one ,lets see .

I heard good news from UMD yesterday! I contacted the department chair about my status and heard back through email; the official letter should be on its way. Testudo is still not updated with the decision.

I really hope you all hear back in time... I know the waiting made me crazy.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use