Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

RIT Astrophysics

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: RIT Astrophysics (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Worth the money?

1. Yes (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Depends (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 m4thguYY

m4thguYY

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hey,

I have a B.A. degree in mathematics and an M.A.T. degree in mathematics. I want to teach mathematics/physics/astronomy at the university level, so I have applied to RIT's astrophysics program, which is relatively new. I am still waiting to hear back from Brandeis (MA Math), UPitt (MS Physics), Wesleyan (MS Astrophysics). Just want to know if going to RIT will be a waste or if it is a good program, all granted that I do very well.

[Note: I have two degrees in math, so getting into an astrophysics/physics program was quite a time-consuming process to research. If you are going to suggest applying to top-10 schools, that is unrealistic until my PhD in mathematical astrophysics in 2 years]

Thanks guys,

I appreciate it.

James
Applying for Fall 2013:

NYU Math
Columbia Stats
Yale Stats
Rutgers Stats
Stony Brook Applied Math & Stats
Rutgers Economics

.. Yes, I like NYC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic