Need Help on getting into Geoscience Program

lithmaster

Dear Everyone:

I hope you are doing well. I need help in understanding selection procedure and making my application more competitive for getting into graduate program for Geoscience. I am focusing into getting into Southern Schools like in Texas for Petroleum Related field.

I have industry experience about 6 years since undergraduate

GPA: 3.0 cumulative 

GRE score (horrible) due to bad testing center and their technical issues: 146 V 156 Q

Really good recommendations from Ex-professors and industry leaders

I am concerned I might not get in because of the GRE score, but at this point due to work and other obligations, I really do not have enough time to prepare for it. How can I compensate for bad GRE score. Any advice would be great. 

Lith_Master

Your going to need to have your work experience do the talking since your GPA is also low. After that is there isn't much you can do. If you are expecting to get funding, you might have some trouble since the GPA + GRE is used for funding purposes. If you have money, or a company paying for your education, it is much easier to get in graduate school