College of professional studies / continuing education VS traditional day program??

eva215

Me again :)

I am wondering how much of a difference it will make in my ultimate grad school applications (Masters of Accounting / M.S.A. / M.Acc.) if my transcript indicates that my [b.S.] courses were completed in a "college of professional studies"/"continuing education" program vs a traditional day program.

I am a nontraditional student, currently at Bay Path College and considering transferring. Bay Path just launched this new "The American Women's College" thing which is a degree completion program for women, and apparently will be available completely online. Fine; I'm currently a "One Day" student, meaning I attend classes for 12 hours, one day a week. Thing is, apparently my program and the online program will be incorporated into one college, "The American Women's College." So, future schools/employers will not know that I attended the One Day classes, not the online classes.

I'm considering transferring to Northeastern University; they have a program (to which I've already been accepted) that would allow me to finish my B.S. in 18 months (I'd be done at Bay Path in 12 months). My transcript will say, again, that I graduated from Northeastern University's College of Professional Studies.

My question is.... will graduating from a college's professional studies or online division hurt me in applying to grad school programs (UMass Amherst, Bentley, Babson)? Is there a perception that these classes are easier than or different from classes offered to traditional students? I am also considering attending a state college even if that means I can't work full-time for a year or two. What is my best option here? I just don't want to be hamstrung down the line by taking the fastest path to graduation.

I've heard anecdotally of students struggling to get into the grad program of their choice because their undergrad program was not AACSB accredited. However, this is not my field and I'm not really certain about the problem...however, that might be something worth checking out.