Co-op layoff in application?

pterosaur

I'm applying this cycle for PhD programs in neuro/BME. The rub: I'm on co-op this semester, but I just got laid off from my co-op (along with over half the company). I'll be starting my final seem of classes in January, but in the meantime, I have 3 empty months. I'm currently trying to leverage my way back into an on-campus lab I was working in before co-op, but I'm not sure what the outcome of that will be.

Is his something I need to worry about for applications, or am I being exceedingly paranoid?

I don't think you need to worry about it in terms of grad school applications--it's something you had no control over!!

But you might be concerned about your status as a full time student in this case etc. I know that my co-op program protected us in the event of a layoff so that we would still count as full time student even though we might not be taking classes or in a co-op position. But it sounds like you have this part under control since it sounds like you are working with them to get back in your old co-op placement!