NYU Silver - Fall 2015 - tracking

I'm still waiting too and I applied in October -____- I'm definitely in their second tier and they're waiting for people to accept/reject their offers but I would like an answer!! This waiting game is really getting old.

I got my financial aid package but am getting confused- is it ~$38,000 per YEAR or SEMESTER?!

My package was 12,000 scholarship, 40,000 Grad Plus loan and 20,000 unsubsidized loan. 

It's 38 per year :) but they add in 20 thousand for living expenses, mine was 7 thousand scholarship, 3 thousand work study, 40 thousand grad plus and 20 unsubsidized 

It's 38 per year :) but they add in 20 thousand for living expenses, mine was 7 thousand scholarship, 3 thousand work study, 40 thousand grad plus and 20 unsubsidized 

Thanks @chilly8! The whole thing is so confusing because the website definitely says 38 but then the breakdown of costs on my financial aid package said "total cost of attendance $75,000" and I was like WHAT?! And then I saw it included room & board and some other stuff so who knows. I wish it were more clear!

any new advanced standing students want to make a Facebook page?

Can we just make it or is it done by someone already at NYU? If we can I don't care I'll start it

Alright I am making it but it needs me to add one member to finish creating it. Does someone want to DM me their name to add on FB and then add you to the group so the group can be created?

Hey everyone! I just asked to join the Facebook group. Here's my dilemma - Hunter or NYU. Both great schools, and an obvious huge difference in price tag. I'm teally trying to make my decision based upon the program, and it's so hard not to fall in love with NYU entirely. Does anyone else share this struggle? Anyone else going to accepted students mixer thing on April 13th?

Also, I stopped by the financial aid office at silver and learned that yes, they'll offer up to 75k for the totally financial aid, but their budget for food and supplies and room and board is sort of a rough draft for you to then counter with your own budget and ask them for a lower amount if that is what you decide you need.

Please let me know everyone!

I am in the same boat... I have an interview this week at Hunter, and it is my top choice. I am in love with NYU but honestly the loans are stressing me out way too much... I would feel a lot less anxiety at Hunter. Plus Hunter is a great school and well known in the tri state area and a lot of successful social workers come out of that program!

Advanced Standing people! Someone send me a message on here with your name so I can add you on Facebook to make the group. FB won't let me make the group until I have one person to add to it.

We were trying to start a FB group for advanced standing students since we are not class of '17 (we will be class of '16)

:)

Got it! :) You're welcome to join our group too!