*Program-specific thread* UW Madison

ghostar

UWChemE- that's exactly what I want to do, but U Chicago hasn't said anything about a visit weekend yet, and I'm waiting on accepts/rejects for the others. Missing classes isn't a big deal, I completed my credits early, and I'm doing only extra courses and my thesis now, the issue is money! I think I'd need at least 3 schools before I can visit. As I said, I want to make as informed a decision as possible.

Do you by any chance know how the theory profs are? I've been looking at Cui, Yethiraj, and Skinner.

I don't personally have a relationship or experience with any of those professors.

I imagine they are good people though. As broad of a generalization as that is, many of the professors in Madison are very down to earth and friendly. Madison as a whole is a liberal and laid back setting. Of course there will be rigor, especially in chemistry, but I feel that the PIs usually have good relationships with their students.