Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGS)

vhym06

It depends on which program do u applying. Some courses give acceptance letter before 14 of May and some issues after it. If your course is within partner university, then the university will contact the secretariat directly. And should receive a notification email from them. But there are many case where the applicant get scholarship even though he/she didn't get any notification. All depends on the secretariat. Who knows what they are doing...! They don't share much even any email reply.

You should better read application guideline and FAQs for "selection process" developing nation and even for Japanese nations for a broad idea about your query.

Dear MKH2015,

yes,... we have one thing in hand... just waiting and waiting! Though many partner university applicants have already got final results by this time. they r lucky. but as a preferred program applicant, i am still waiting for my result. Hoping for the best for all.

Guys,

why aren't u sharing your final results here? I have just got two person who have got successful emails from JJWB. Blackmumba and marlef only. Is there none such  in this forum??? just two till now?? .............  ONLY????? :D

OR, you are still waiting for final email?? ( Though, I am still waiting as a preferred program applicant :D )

We are in a bit tensed whether the result is published or we r disqualified ! Can't understand anything what's true!

Share your results regardless u are partner or preferred program applicants here  if u have already received any email................!!!

According to the FAQs for Scholarship applicants

How will I find out if I was awarded the scholarship? Will I find out if I was not awarded the scholarship?

All successful applicants will be informed by email from the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program by mid-July, 2015. On or before mid-July, 2015, we will post an announcement when all selected scholars have been informed. The program will not be informing unsuccessful applicants.

Are we then in that group which JJWB is not going to inform any result???!! :( couldn't understand anything. Mid July or end July??! all seem contradictory. don't know why JJWB delivers such confusing info in their FAQs. :(

The FAQs said mid july but the post on the website says end July. Its already mid july so it seems they are running late. There is still hope because they have not posted the announcement saying that all scholars have been informed. 

All we can do is wait for an email or the announcement.

Don't know if they will post the announcement of final result at all..!  But it will be very efficient if they do it. Because, all the applicants who are in hope will then become cool from their anxiety.. :D And they become sure about their standing.

Does anybody know if JJ/WB only give scholarships finally to public sector professionals or they also allow private sector professionals? I think it might be an important issue for delivering scholarship. And, government sector professionals will get preference in this case alike most other scholarships. :( . I am from private sector.

What is your idea, Guys??

To all forum members,

If  u get the final email news from the JJWB secretariat plz share with us here as soon as u can to make us updated each other !.

I think, this forum members are very very inactive . To make a forum live and successful forum members should frequently have discussion, share their thinking, idea, assumption. By this way a forum can be very live and vibrant and we can understand and learn each others feelings or thinking.  . But till now , I haven't found it yet in our forum members. !!!  ................................Seems all are "NERDS" in this forum........

Guys, what u have or what u will earn nobody will seize it from u!!! :D so, SHARE your idea or queries here to keep updated yourselves and us..!!!!   :D :D

The end of another week and still no news. I really thought we would hear something by this week. Next week is the last week in July so hopefully there will be some news. If we don't hear by July 31 then we can move on and release our anxieties and I can stop checking my emails obsessively.

But I think the secretariat could have been more transparent during this process. Many of us have decision to make and waiting so long to give results really puts a lot of pressure. I have a full time job and if I go off to school this year I need to request study leave in advance, plus there's the process of getting a student visa, packing and moving across the world, getting accommodation, learning a new city etc etc.

Sigh...

yes, their result publishing time is gradually decreasing but no communication. just 5 days remain to finish all hope coz the next week will be the last span of time to smash all your hope! :(

why they take somany time where the finalists would need still need more time for their own preparation like for Visa complexity, leave managing, medical report, mental preparation, etc.

i think this is very frustrating attitude from JJWB. they should fix a date to publish the final result!

have any of u tried recently to know the update about result publication by any phn call or email? if u have, please share here. Anxiety is increasing day by day. :(

Dear all,

Have u got any email already  regarding the final result of JJWB?  The end of July is almost ending... but not receiving any email from them.! Have u any update ??

Hi.  I got letter to be selected as semifinalist on May 7 and still have not received any update. Any one who is aware of update in this regard ?

Best of luck to all the people who deserve this award. It should go to the most deserving, regardless it is me or you. :)

Edited by Ahmad Mukhtar

hi, like u i haven't yet got any final result. when will ur course start? which course did u apply?

couldn't understand what will be the next phase as the notification email stated that semifinalist have just passed the firsi phase of srlection...

Dear, we should focus on " What Next" . I dont think, secretariat will be too late to inform. They are well organized.  It is all done in my opinion.

As regard, the point that only 2 people have confirmed on this forum that they got Award, so we may keep hope. I think, logically, only those people are intouch on forum who did not get news. Those got the news, they must be busy in more urgent assignments . :)

Edited by Ahmad Mukhtar

i think so that all is done by this time and we have no more hope at all. bcoz, though we got semifinalist email, we might have not selected n Thar's why we r not getting any email even by 29 th of July! so, there are no hope at all.

But the JJWB secretariat should post a news on their web that " All finalists have been informed and those who didn't get any should consider their application unsuccessful.. " - this would be very very helpful and give a sure message and thus remove all confusion!

Edited by Ripon

• 9 months later...

Hello! I applied this year for the Scholarship award. Did you ever clarify if someone who did not receive the semifinalist email on May could get the award on July? When I applied, I sent my admission letter (I was admitted before the application deadline), so I don't know if this could make it unnecesary for the Secretariat to email me on May in case I had been selected as a semifinalist. 

Thanks in advance for your time and comments!