USC MSW@VAC

tntn4038

Hello,

I am considering attending the USC MSW online program. It seems like a great program that would definitely allow me to work but the tuition is a killer. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Keep me updated as to admission and such. I am seriously considering it because my friend is in the same program but distance, she is going to the OC campus instead. She seems to love it and says she thinks its worth it. I really do hope they offer a lot of assistance as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got accepted on April 3rd too. I also applied to online programs at Rutgers, Fordham, Columbia, Simmons and Case Western. I was accepted at Rutgers and Simmons but haven't heard from Columbia or Fordham. I dc extended the time I was supposed to have to sign the commitment letter. I was having a hard time deciding what to do, but I'm enrolling at Usc. All I was offered so far is loans. I might end up transferring if I can't find additional "free" aid in the future.

• 5 weeks later...

I got accepted on April 3rd too. I also applied to online programs at Rutgers, Fordham, Columbia, Simmons and Case Western. I was accepted at Rutgers and Simmons but haven't heard from Columbia or Fordham. I dc extended the time I was supposed to have to sign the commitment letter. I was having a hard time deciding what to do, but I'm enrolling at Usc. All I was offered so far is loans. I might end up transferring if I can't find additional "free" aid in the future.

May I ask what your stats are? I am very interested in the program but I cannot find any information regarding acceptance to this program from real students. Any information you can give me would be extremely helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask what your stats are? I am very interested in the program but I cannot find any information regarding acceptance to this program from real students. Any information you can give me would be extremely helpful!

I have a Masters already in Eduation, with a 3.7 gpa. My undergrad is in English, with barely a 3.1 gpa. I don't remember what my gre scores were but they don't ask for them. My undergrad was kind of mainly because I have credits from 3 different schools and there's classes I withdrew from or repeated. think it helped that I have a Masters already, because they're looking for people who they think will be successful with graduate level work, and Will complete the program. There seems to be a big focus on being able to write well and complete research papers. I'd suggest investing time in your personal statement if you have concerns about your other credentials. This will be a way to show your writing skills and explain your level of dedication to the program and the field if social work. I had good letters of recommendation, that weren't from "power people" like supervisors or professors. They were from workplace colleagues, since I've been out if school for about 6 years. I got into Columbia and Fordham since my last posting. I saw somewhere that Columbia accepts 75%-80% of applicants. One year around 1300 applied and 800-something we're accepted. I've read on other boards that it's not too challenging to get into programs.

• 3 weeks later...