Chicago Harris MACRM

Hi guys-

I just wanted to start a new thread regarding this... new masters program Chicago Harris is offering: MACRM. The acronym stands for a master of arts with a certificate in research methods.

Initially, I applied to Harris's phd program in public policy, and was offered an admission to macrm instead. As far as I know, this program is newly minted. Just started. So all I know about this program is what is stated on the harris webpage- two paragraphs about how macrm is an awesome pre-phd program and how this program prepares students for top-tier phd schools.

Well, is there anyone ( current harris students, macrm admits, etc) who knows more about this program? I have been offered admissions from two top-10 schools (in the 5th-10th ranking). So honestly I am highly inclined to say goodbye to the macrm program and accept the phd offers. At the same time, I would very much like to know if harris macrm will prepare me to enter the top 5, or (more importantly) increase my chance of being admitted to chicago harris's phd program after the training. Chicago was my top choice for phd,,so there is my reason for even starting this thread.

Any comments or thoughts regarding MACRM would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!