Graduate Student Fellowships for International Students?

zhtmahtm

I'm an international student attending to a US university, I'm applying to grad school this fall and am trying to look for graduate student fellowships that I can apply to. I'm studying science, but most fellowships my friends are applying to (NSF, EPA etc.) are ineligible for international students. Anyone know what fellowship opportunities are out there for internationals pursuing PhD?

I see that you are in the Earth Sciences, which is similar to my field. In this field, the only fellowship open to international students is the NASA Earth and Space Sciences Fellowship (NESSF). Here's one page about it: http://science.nasa.gov/researchers/sara/grant-stats/nasa-earth-and-space-science-fellowship-nessf-selections/

Applications open each November and are due in February. Awards announced in May. This fall, your department should inform you of the application (you must apply with your advisor and your school's Office of Sponsored Research). 

This is the only one I know of from an American funding agency.