MSSW at Penn State vs MSCSS UW Tacoma

adilujani

Hello,

I know that I should attend Penn state. But it is too expensive and even my family isn't ready to support me financially. 

Is a degree from Penn state worth the cost of attending?

Or should I accept the offer from UW Tacoma and get a degree at half the cost.

Please note that I don't want to pursue master's just for the sake of degree. I'm willing to learn.

Please advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are social work degrees. You won't make a lot as a social worker so take the cheapest option. If you applied to Tacoma you hopefully would want to go there, so go. Good luck!

I'm guessing your major is CS? Do you know what type of research work you wish to do?

Yes my major is CS.

I want to pursue research in Self adaptive software applications. I'm also interested in service oriented architecture. I think I'll have better exposure to these areas at Penn state.

But funding is a big concern and I don't want to put pressure on my parents. However I really want to learn. Please advise.

Edited by adilujani

Those are social work degrees. You won't make a lot as a social worker so take the cheapest option. If you applied to Tacoma you hopefully would want to go there, so go. Good luck!

Could you please elaborate what you mean by social degrees?

Doesn't it matter from where I get the degree?

Edited by adilujani

I looked up "MSSW" at Penn State and got social work, not computer science. I misunderstood your post and as I know nothing about CS, I don't have reliable advice to give. For the record, it only matters to an extent - graduates from every school have jobs and where you went will matter less once you have an established job history. Good luck.