UNC & NCCU MSW Programs

Hello all! I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account. I am in the process of preparing applications for fall 2016 admissions. I am interested in applying to the UNC and NCCU MSW programs. I have been out of college for almost 10 years (Legal Studies degree) working as a paralegal, but also volunteering with various programs (DV clinic, Innocence Project, guardian ad litem, RMH). Right now my two interests are juveniles (I really liked being in the courtroom with GAL) and health care (being in a hospital is exciting to me--I love the energy). 

Anyway, the two programs I'm applying at are UNC and NCCU (I do not have the science pre-reqs required for NC State). I see that NCCU has a child & family focus and a juvenile justice focus, but no health focus. I know that UNC has a health concentration and from what I gather students can tailor their concentration to their interests. 

Aside from concentrations, can anyone tell me how each program is viewed in NC, the southeast in general, or even nationally (if that matters at all)? I have a legal background where pedigree seems to matter initially, but I am not sure that is necessarily the case for SW. There is a good chance I will move out of NC after graduating, so I can see where I'd benefit from some name recognition, but again, not sure how much it truly matters once I have the degree and license. 

Thanks for all your input! I look forward to learning more form y'all and contributing to the forums! 

As you suggested, it's debatable as to the importance of name recognition for an MSW degree (you can find endless discussion threads here devoted to the topic); however, from an academic and research perspective, UNC - Chapel Hill is considered the premier program in the state and one of the top ones in the country. I believe the School of Social Work is currently ranked #5 nationally and seems to attract grant money and strong faculty. Hope that helps answer part of your question.