IE/OR PhD Profile Evaluation

Hoff

Hey all,

I'm very interested in pursuing my PhD but I'm having some trouble figuring out my standing relative to other students. I'll graduate from Penn State with a B.S. in Industrial Engineering this December and I'd like to get a graduate degree in Operations Research.

Undergrad GPA: 3.82

Major GPA: 3.95

GRE: 163Q, 155V, 4.5AW

Internship with a chemical manufacturing company in the research and development department.

Co-op (three rotations) with an engineering consulting firm specializing in work measurement.

No publications but participated in several research projects. 

Strong letters of recommendation from distinguished professors. 

I'd like to go to a school around the same tier as Penn State but like I said, I'm not sure how I stack up. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Your GPA is great and your GRE is pretty good.  Some more competitive programs will be difficult to get in.  But other same tier schools are definitely within reach.  What are your research interests and what will you do once you complete the Phd?  Definitely need to define that clearly in your statement.

Check out my profile eval in Business.  Im aiming for applied OR.