rec letters

I thought I had this one in the bag however someone mentioned to me that they will be not be asking our research supervisor for a letter because they have not taken a course with him. 

i have been working 9 months now with a professor who is on the admissions committee of my top choice grad school. Tell me Im not crazy and thats a good choice for a rec letter?

i know the prof wont be able to read the letter, however it is a better choice than just to ask a professor who knows me right?

I think in general as long as two of your recs are from professors (assuming you are a recent grad) your third rec doesn't need to be. I think your research supervisor would be a great choice, especially since he is on the admissions committee of your top choice. 

Even if the professor recuses himself when they are looking at your application, his recommendation would go a long way with his colleagues.

I think in general as long as two of your recs are from professors (assuming you are a recent grad) your third rec doesn't need to be. I think your research supervisor would be a great choice, especially since he is on the admissions committee of your top choice. 

Even if the professor recuses himself when they are looking at your application, his recommendation would go a long way with his colleagues.

well he would be one of the 2 academic ones and the third will be an SLP I have been working with. Or do you think that he should be the 3rd one, leaving the Slp out entirely and the first 2 should be professors of some of my courses....? 

well he would be one of the 2 academic ones and the third will be an SLP I have been working with. Or do you think that he should be the 3rd one, leaving the Slp out entirely and the first 2 should be professors of some of my courses....? 

I think you for sure want him. Some schools specifically say they want two professors, does your top choice? I would ask him about the school he is on the committee for, and call the other schools and ask. I found that every time I called a school and asked, they were very helpful. 

I think you for sure want him. Some schools specifically say they want two professors, does your top choice? I would ask him about the school he is on the committee for, and call the other schools and ask. I found that every time I called a school and asked, they were very helpful. 

good idea, i'll look into that, thanks :)