MSW Fall 2016 CSULB, CSULA, CSUDH, CSUF, USC

ginabina

Has anyone heard from CSULA within the last few weeks? I still haven't received any information about my application which was submitted back in January. The school did send me an email to let me know about my financial aid award being revised. 

CSULA had reopened their  application for the new one year program the school is offering. I heard they do not have enough people yet. So if anyone had not heard about the status of their app, I think it has to do with that. I received acceptance into the one year program but was told that if they choose to postpone the one year program until 2017, then I would be able to take a spot in their two or three year program. So I think that may be the hold up, I think they are waiting to see how many people they get for the one year program.

• 2 weeks later...

So I received a letter from CSULA saying they referred me to the 3 year part time program and I would need to submit my letter of intent by May 23rd. This is not my first choice, but I would take it if I got no other offers. I'm still waiting to hear from CSUDH so I'm not sure what to do. Can I accept the offer from CSULA and later change my mind if CSUDH accepts me to the 2 year program? I sent an email to CSUDH on Thursday explaining the situation, but I haven't heard back. 

On 5/16/2016 at 9:42 AM, ginabina said:

So I received a letter from CSULA saying they referred me to the 3 year part time program and I would need to submit my letter of intent by May 23rd. This is not my first choice, but I would take it if I got no other offers. I'm still waiting to hear from CSUDH so I'm not sure what to do. Can I accept the offer from CSULA and later change my mind if CSUDH accepts me to the 2 year program? I sent an email to CSUDH on Thursday explaining the situation, but I haven't heard back. 

I called CSUDH yesterday and spoke with Sharon. She said she would bump up my application and review it within a few days so I could get back to CSULA by the deadline. She called me back today and offered me acceptance to the 2 year program! It looks like I’ll be continuing my education as a Toro!

On May 17, 2016 at 10:35 AM, ginabina said:

I called CSUDH yesterday and spoke with Sharon. She said she would bump up my application and review it within a few days so I could get back to CSULA by the deadline. She called me back today and offered me acceptance to the 2 year program! It looks like I’ll be continuing my education as a Toro!

Congrats!! Looks like we will be in the same program :)

37 minutes ago, rilotta said:

Congrats!! Looks like we will be in the same program :)

Awesome! I've already started looking at the schedule for the first semester and I'm planning out what days, times, and professors I want to take. 

On May 18, 2016 at 2:19 PM, ginabina said:

Awesome! I've already started looking at the schedule for the first semester and I'm planning out what days, times, and professors I want to take. 

Where did you find that??

3 hours ago, rilotta said:

Where did you find that??

Login to MyCSUDH and use the search feature that you usually use to enroll in classes. Make sure to select Fall 2016, and use MSW as the department. It will tell you all classes for next semester. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just wanted to offer a word of warning re: CSULA....in that I would not recommend entering this program, once you guys start receiving letters. It is *extremely* disorganized on an administrative level, the instruction is inconsistent, and there are a lot of problematic aspects surrounding racism/sexism. I don't feel comfortable saying more as I'm still in the program, but if you want further information you can contact me privately. Just didn't feel it was right to not give a "buyer beware" heads up. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...