Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship

ed2122

It would appear that the Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship is more competitive than the NSF GRFP. In 2015, 2000 NSF fellows were selected out of 16500 applicants (a 4:33 ratio) ( https://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=134647 ), while in the same year, 60 Ford Foundation fellowships were awarded with 408 persons receiving honorable mention. Assuming that the number of outright rejections exceeded 27 applicants, it would appear that the ratio of Ford fellows to applicants would be less than 4:33.

I'm not sure this means anything, but the other day I could still log in to the portal that showed me the information that i had submitted with my application and now when i try to log in it doesn't show any of that anymore and says "competition status closed: no further action can be taken at this time." 

Definitely not official but two people have been mentioned on Twitter as having won the Ford Fellowship. One was a postdoc five days ago. The other one, with no other info other than their name, six hours ago. Good luck all!

Rejected too. ='( Will try again next year!

2 questions for you guys:

- does the Ford provide the reviewers feedback anywhere? I know if you are selected you can access the comments, but will they do that for rejections as well?

-anyone else applying for NPSC? I can't find an active forum for NPSC anywhere and it seems to be the most mysterious of all the fellowships I applied for.