Trying to get into a competitive business school. Took GRE V 165 Q 158

jtd00123

Hi, I'm trying to get into a decent business school.  Is this score competitive enough?  I'm not looking to get into an Ivy League, just something that is competitive enough to stand out in a sea of resumes. 

If not, should I retake the test?  The two official practice tests but my Q at 163.  Unfortunately, the proctor kept harassing me during the final quant section, telling me to keep my feet on the floor, and that rattled me to the point where I was unable to focus completely during half of that section of the test. 

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:  I want to add, I screwed up early in life and finally got my degree at 25 from a subpar school (not knowing that where you went mattered so much now).  Since then, I bounced from job to job and finally settled at a place that I'm a good fit in for close to two years, but I feel there is no room for growth without additional education.  I haven't had time to properly cram for the GRE due to the fact that I work and take care of my two kids when I get home.  I am 31 now, and feel this is my last shot to get it right...

Edited by jtd00123

You might find this breakdown helpful: http://magoosh.com/gre/2013/gre-scores-for-business-schools/

It sounds from this post like your scores would be in the right range for accepted students at top 11-25 schools, but it's confusing since it's unclear whether Quant or Verbal is more highly weighed. In any case, this suggests that your scores won't hold you back from getting into a very good program. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of business school admissions can be more helpful, though. Have you already looked at the websites for schools you're interested in to see if they list suggested scores? 

Thanks brown_eyed_girl!  Honestly, I am a little disappointed that the Q did not reflect my practice scores, but at least now I know to keep my feet on the floor in order to avoid the added stress of being harassed by a proctor.  Unfortunately, divvying your attention to interrupt a childhood habit is not conducive to optimal testing. Yes, 11-25 is sufficient for what I'm aiming for, but many B-schools will weigh Q more heavily.  I'll see what others have to say before I make my decision. 

EDIT:  So far I have used Princeton Review as a source, but they don't always have the average GRE score for schools that accept the GRE.  Boston U with a Masters in Finance (if it is still offered online) is the one I am aiming for. 

Edited by jtd00123