NDSEG 2016

bicsy

I got it too, but I will decline, since I already accepted GRFP. GRFP is better for my purposes, since I can put the fellowship on reserve the first year to use an institutional fellowship.

But hey, I hope that means one of y'all on the waitlist will get an email saying you got it!

I have to say, I am really impressed with NDSEG this year. It sounds like the waiting process in previous years has been brutal, but this year they kept us informed on the Facebook page months in advance, with continued updates and a relatively early notification. Also, it sounds like they will be more clear about whether you are on the waitlist or not.

2 minutes ago, jjjjjelly said:

Logged into the award site to check, have not received e-mail notifications. Good luck!

Where on the award site does it say whether you got the award? Just on the home page?

Samesies. Well at least I got a raise for passing quals this week. Puts my stipend up pretty close to the NDSEG, but it would have been nice to put on my resume.

Received rejection email at 1:38PM  EST. 

Somewhat surprised because I received a wait-list in 2014 when I was coming into graduate school, and I am much better of a scientist now. 

Edited by iseedoug
Adding information

Someone should ask via Facebook or Twitter how many alternate selectees there actually are.  If I had an account, I'd be all over it.  They seem to be quite responsive in answering inquiries.