CSULB MSW Applicants

Sor11

2 hours ago, Fermar said:

Congrats on your acceptance!! ?

I have a question maybe you can help me out. I checked my application status and it said I have been granted admissions I went on mycsulb and accepted but have not received any email from the department. Did you find out first through email? Or the application status? 

I found out through email first, I actually never went back to double check the mycsulb. 

The email said, 

"We are pleased to inform you that the School of Social Work has recommended you for admission to the Master of Social Work (MSW) program at California State University, Long Beach.  Please find attached your letter and “MSW Acceptance Letter Checklist.” You must initial each box on the checklist, sign/date the checklist, and return it via email to CHHS-SW@csulb.edu (or mail it to the address below) within ten (10) days of the date on the attached letter.                                         

Please note: you will be required to attend a mandatory MSW New Student Orientation.  We will email you more details about the orientation once they have been finalized.  Although you may receive a registration e-mail prior to orientation, you cannot register for classes until after you have attended orientation."

Attached to the email was the "MSW Acceptance Letter Checklist" and an acceptance letter, from what I got you have to sign off on the checklist, email or mail it in, and then they fully accept you. After I submitted those things they sent me a follow up email stating I was good to go. I would try emailing CHHS-SW@csulb.edu (it's the general social work department email) they're pretty great on replying in a timely manner.

Good luck and congratulations on your acceptance! 

On February 16, 2016 at 7:44 PM, ChrisMSW109 said:

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application and your stats?  I submitted my application 1/14, and recently received an email stating that it's under review. 

I believe they posted it earlier in the thread on the previous page! I submitted mine 1/13 and also recently received the email stating its under review so anxiously waiting!

1 hour ago, kmsw16 said:

I got an email today saying that my application was "pending". I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing since acceptance emails have already gone out...

What was the pending email, mind posting it? And are you sure acceptance emails have gone out to everyone? I submitted mine on the 13th of January but haven't heard back :|

i barely got my email that they received my application on the 11th of February. When did you submit the app and get the application received email?

Edited by redtaz

On 2/20/2016 at 5:14 PM, MSWinmyfuture said:

@redtaz I haven't gotten a decision from them either. So I don't believe it's all of them. It's probably going to be in batches like most schools. 

Ah got it! Well that is good to hear, that can at least calm me down a bit, that they probably just haven't gotten around to applications received the last week since I see you applied only two days before me. Make sure to keep us all updated and good luck!

1 hour ago, jennyneal said:

I received my acceptance yesterday 2/23/16 and I applied on 12/9/15 for the three year program.

I am really excited :)  I hope you get a response soon, I know how it feels!

Congrats!! Did you receive an email saying your application was going under review? or just the email that they had received your application? 

9 minutes ago, LSor11 said:

Congrats!! Did you receive an email saying your application was going under review? or just the email that they had received your application? 

Wondering the same thing. All i have received is one email from the school saying my application was being forwarded to the department for review and then one from the department of social work stating my application had been received but have received no other emails.

17 minutes ago, jennyneal said:

The email stating your info was forwarded to the department means that the school accepted you, now the department must.  The email stating your application is under review will be followed up by either an acceptance or rejection letter (sorry I hate that word).

I got three letters:

School acceptance

Department review

Admission offer

Would you mind sharing the dates that you received your emails. It gives us all a time frame of how fast/or slow they are working to send the notifications. Thanks for all your insight so far! I'm sure you were a great candidate that's why you received an answer so soon!! 

9 minutes ago, LSor11 said:

Would you mind sharing the dates that you received your emails. It gives us all a time frame of how fast/or slow they are working to send the notifications. Thanks for all your insight so far! I'm sure you were a great candidate that's why you received an answer so soon!! 

Applied to CSULB 10/7 -- got an email same day letting me know I should submit applications or any other info the MSW program is requesting

I applied to MSW program on 12/9 (in person) and got an email on 12/11 saying they received my application and to make sure everything they requested has been submitted (transcripts etc.)

2/23/16 Got acceptance email asking me to accept within 10 days

*If it makes anyone feel better I was told that most students hear back in April when I previously called the MSW office with application questions 

I also applied to CSUDH on 12/10 and have no heard back.  I only got an email saying my packet was complete.

Did anyone receive this random message?? 

*DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE*

Your 2016 MSW Application has been received by the School of Social Work.                                                                                

You should have already applied online to the University (CSULB) via CSU Mentor. Here are some important steps to ensure you have successfully completed the CSULB application:
·       You must submit official transcripts—from every college or university you attended—to UES as soon as possible (but no later than January 15, 2016).
·       If you are an international applicant, you must contact the Center for International Education (CIE) for admissions criteria and deadlines.  You may call or e-mail CIE at (562) 985-4106 or cie-admission@csulb.edu.
·       You can check the status of your CSULB application through the following link:http://www.csulb.edu/depts/enrollment/admissions/applicant.html.  The School of Social Work will not track the status of your CSULB application for you.

IMPORTANT: Once UES has received all of the required documentation and fee payment for your CSULB application, your application will be placed in Department Review.  The School of Social Work faculty will then evaluate your MSW application. The timeline for evaluation varies based on the time required for UES to process your documents, the date you submitted your application, and faculty workload.  Once a decision has been made, you will receive notification via e-mail.  Please keep us up-to-date with email address changes.

The School of Social Work cannot provide status updates during the assessment process.

Please remember, acceptance to the MSW Program is contingent upon acceptance to CSULB.

Thank you,

CSULB School of Social Work Admissions Office
SS/PA-161
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA  90840-4602
562) 985-5654
562) 985-5514 – Fax

1 hour ago, van2312 said:

You should have already applied online to the University (CSULB) via CSU Mentor. Here are some important steps to ensure you have successfully completed the CSULB application:
·       You must submit official transcripts—from every college or university you attended—to UES as soon as possible (but no later than January 15, 2016).
·       If you are an international applicant, you must contact the Center for International Education (CIE) for admissions criteria and deadlines.  You may call or e-mail CIE at (562) 985-4106 or cie-admission@csulb.edu.
·       You can check the status of your CSULB application through the following link:http://www.csulb.edu/depts/enrollment/admissions/applicant.html.  The School of Social Work will not track the status of your CSULB application for you.

IMPORTANT: Once UES has received all of the required documentation and fee payment for your CSULB application, your application will be placed in Department Review.  The School of Social Work faculty will then evaluate your MSW application. The timeline for evaluation varies based on the time required for UES to process your documents, the date you submitted your application, and faculty workload.  Once a decision has been made, you will receive notification via e-mail.  Please keep us up-to-date with email address changes.

The School of Social Work cannot provide status updates during the assessment process.

Please remember, acceptance to the MSW Program is contingent upon acceptance to CSULB.

Thank you,

SS/PA-161
562) 985-5654
562) 985-5514 – Fax

I received this same email once my final LOR was submitted. I haven't received anything since though. I believe I got it on 2/4/16

3 hours ago, van2312 said:

Thank you,

SS/PA-161
562) 985-5654
562) 985-5514 – Fax

I got the same message on the 11th, even though I already received the email that my app had been forwarded for department review. Haven't received anything since

52 minutes ago, Anna9019 said:

Has anyone else heard back from CSULB this week?

this wait is making me too nervous. :(

I also haven't heard back anything! Nerves are getting to me also but we'll hear back soon enough!

8 minutes ago, redtaz said:

I also haven't heard back anything! Nerves are getting to me also but we'll hear back soon enough!

:unsure:I check my email every ten minutes. This is crazy. Lol

1 minute ago, Anna9019 said:

:unsure:I check my email every ten minutes. This is crazy. Lol

haha! I have CSULA, CSULB and CSUF set up as VIP in my inbox so whenever i get an email my phone vibrates and rings uncontrollably haha!

1 hour ago, Anna9019 said:

Has anyone else heard back from CSULB this week?

this wait is making me too nervous. :(

I haven't received anything yet either. I’m getting both anxious and nervous. I’ve been checking this website and my email like a mad woman.