Stanford Part-time MS EE (HCP)?

slantyeyes

Is the part time MS any easier than the full time one to get into? I know they say they're both subject to the same admissions process, but should having an employer fund your degree give you a bit of a boost?

I applied for the full time MS back in December, and just recently received an employment offer from a SCPD member company (you need to work at a member company to enroll part time)

Would it be favorable to inform graduate admissions I'd like to pursue a part time degree at this point instead? Or just wait for results as usual and consider my options from there?

You should only inform admissions of what you actually intend to do. If you fully intend to accept the job offer and pursue a part-time M.S., I would let the department know that. If you're not ready to commit to that job and think you would prefer to work on a full-time M.S., I would say give it a wait. I got my decision Feb 20th last year, so you should be finding out very soon. Either way, best of luck!

(Current Stanford EE MS, PhD hopeful)