How long usually does GRE score show online?

Jason9

Hi everyone:

I took the GRE exam on Feb 2nd and sent my score to 4 schools the same day. I know the official timeline is 10-15 days for the official score to show up. Since the deadlines are approaching, I am pretty anxious right now, Would you guys mind sharing how many days actually you waited for the score (including writing score) to show up online and send to the university? Thank you.

Also, I heard that you can call ETS and pay 12 dollars to get your writing score earlier over the phone, is it true? Thanks

Edited by Jason9

I don't remember exactly but 10-15 days sounds right for me.

In the old days, it took a little time between the score being in the system and the score appearing online. In this in-between time, if you called and paid to hear your score, you would find out before it appears online. This was most relevant for the subject scores, since they would usually be in the system by Friday night/Saturday morning but the scheduled online release date is usually a Monday. And especially when there used to be a November subject test, the score would come out mid-December, so finding out a few days before is the difference between making the December 15 deadline or not, often.

However, this score-by-phone option is no longer available. You can only find out and order score reports online now, as far as I know.

If you do not get your scores fast enough, just let your schools know and they'll often accept the scores late. In my year, I decided on November 27 that I wanted to apply to a school that was due Dec 1. But the Subject GRE scores was not available til December 12 or something. So I just asked if I could send that score late and they were okay with it. There was also a school that had a deadline of Dec 9 and I asked them the same thing (I asked them months in advance though since I was on my honeymoon during the October test date so the later test, in November, was the only possible subject test for me).