Oxford DPIR Applicants (DPhil / MPhil / MSc)

oakeshott

Hey everyone,

Starting this thread for those of us waiting to hear back from Oxford's Department of Politics and International Relations. According to the Oxford website, tomorrow (Friday) begins the two-week window when we are most likely to hear back. Based on this survey, it looks like some DPhil applicants have already received their decisions. I figured this would be a good place for us to share information and wait and whine together! 

I applied for an MPhil (Comparative) and for the MSc in Politics Research. Recently completed my undergrad in Political Science in the US. And very anxious to hear back. Did everyone receive a survey from the admissions office last Friday?

Edited by oakeshott

Hiya Oakeshott,

I'm also whinging and and obsessively re-checking the site - my life's basically been on hold the past few weeks as I wait with bated breath! This is the earliest they've started sending out decisions (at least, as reported by students on gradcafe, so it could mean nothing), so fingers crossed we're looking at slightly earlier in March rather than early April-ish. I haven't heard anything useful on the Student Room (UK site) either, so let's hope things go well.

Applying for the DPhil International Relations, having just done my Masters at an un-named UK university - I have a PhD offer from them, but I'm not sure how to proceed since I don't know about funding from where I did my MA ... 

Good luck!

Good luck to you too, Winnersh! It looks like a few more results—all rejections—have begun to trickle in during the past few days. It is my understanding that the DPIR tends to send out mostly rejections for a couple of weeks in early March, followed by acceptances later in the month....

Edited by oakeshott