Fordham vs Hunter MSW program?

ddk1

I have been accepted to both schools and would like to focus in the area of clinical practice.  The lower cost of Hunter is something I'm strongly taking into consideration.  However I am wondering, for anyone that has graduated from either school, if they think I should consider one over the other.  Does having a Masters from "Fordham" itself carry more weight in a future career than from a CUNY college?  

I am coming from the same angle, and often times it seems that Hunter comes across as more weight then Fordham. I was made aware of Hunter's prestige prior to even knowing about Fordham offering a MSW program. 

I think if you were getting the Lehman or College of Staten Island MSWs, then the CUNY degree is looked as weaker then Fordham.  

• 11 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:59 PM, ddk1 said:

I have been accepted to both schools and would like to focus in the area of clinical practice.  The lower cost of Hunter is something I'm strongly taking into consideration.  However I am wondering, for anyone that has graduated from either school, if they think I should consider one over the other.  Does having a Masters from "Fordham" itself carry more weight in a future career than from a CUNY college?  

HI,

I was accepted to Hunter and Fordham for Fall 2017 - and facing the same decision.

Was wondering which school you choose and how is it working out.

• 1 month later...

I chose hunter.

Still don't think that fordham (or nyu/columbia) degree holds more weight. 

Hunter definately has a very large emphasize on social justice over clinical practice but one really gains experience from their fieldwork and you can access agencies equally.

• 1 month later...

Fordham does not have a better reputation than Hunter, nor are the students better trained.  There are of course pros and cons to both programs, but overall Hunter will probably give you a better "bang for your buck"