Publications in unrelated fields

ThousandsHardships

Many applications ask for research experience and/or publications. I'm applying to humanities PhD programs, and I'm coming in with an M.S. in a STEM field. Should I list my M.S. thesis and past co-authored scientific publications even though they have absolutely nothing to do with my intended program?

At this point I would say yes, keep them on your CV, and the point would be to show that you have experience successfully producing research in your prior field. Once you start a new program, you'll have to reconsider whether or not to keep any of those old publications/experience. 

I also would say yes. I don't know about the specifics in your new humanities field, but I think in many fields, they are interested in grad student candidates that have excelled in the past. It doesn't really matter if it's related or not, because strong research experience and publications indicates success in your previous field, which can be indicators of future success as well.