UCL Vs. LSE?

Kevin1990

This past several months I applied to a few overseas programs that are well known in my field (which is International Relations/Security)

I applied to IR Master's programs at King's College London, the LSE, University College London, St. Andrews,  and Sciences Po.

I was denied to KCL, Science Po, and my first choice at LSE. While I was waitlisted to St. Andrews's.

However, I did get unconditional offers to UCL's MsC in Security Studies program and my 2nd choice at the LSE, which is a joint program between their history and IR dept's which is an "MsC Theory and History of International Relations.

Now overall these two degrees are like comparing apples and oranges overall. And this is where I personally see the positives and negatives.

The UCL option is more of a US styled policy degree that will include a substantial amount of quantitative work.

However, UCL while regarded very strongly overall is less known for IR then say KCL or the LSE.

While with the LSE  I'm worried that the title of the degree program I got admitted to sounds to specialized. Even though the program actually isn't when you look into it.

Furthermore, even though I'm not quant focused I would like some aspect of it in an IR degree since employers seem to value it. And the LSE option I got into doesn't seem to have that.

On the flip side, many people I've talked to with my network and policy told me to not worry too much about these things since "it's the LSE" and the dept's/institution it'self is very well known in places like Washington DC and has a strong alumni network there and in numerous other places as well. 

So with all of this said. Should I seriously consider these two offers or forgo them and just focus on US IR programs next year?

thank you in advance for everyone's advice!

Edited by Kevin1990