Thoughts on Emory's Cancer Biology Program?

tottenham

I have recently been fortunate enough to have been accepted into Emory University's Cancer Biology Program. I wanted to hear what thoughts/opinions all of you had regarding Emory's program, particularly if you had the chance to interview at Emory or if you have heard anything about the program. I would be particularly interested to hear from those who have interviewed but have decided NOT to attend. Thoughts/opinions can be regarding the research quality/impact, research environment, competitiveness, living in Atlanta, etc. I want to have an idea about the strengths and weaknesses that the program has, told in many ways from people who don't necessarily go to Emory since of course, an inherent bias is hard to avoid when current Emory students talk about Emory.

I don't have any personal knowledge or thoughts to share, but regarding Emory in general/going to Emory/living in Atlanta, I've had several friends attend the school (PhDs, MDs) and LOVE it. Most of these people are from California, Seattle, Oregon area and had never been to Atlanta prior to interviewing... just to give you an idea of where they resided beforehand and what they were used to.