A one page statement JUST about how I plan to succeed in grad school?

This is for a scholarship, not an application. The scholarship asks for a two-page document which essentially is a SOP, but then a second, one-page statement laying out only how we plan to succeed in grad school.

How on earth am I supposed to answer this? Truth be told my plan is to go to class every day, study every night, do lots of flash cards, and take advantage of any extracurriculars offered to me. But considering that's "how not to be a shitty student" I feel silly putting that in a graduate-level statement. What sort of things is this question actually looking for?

The actual "prompt":

"A statement no longer than one page explaining how you plan to succeed in graduate school. Specifically, how will a scholarship help you execute your plan?"

I understand your frustration. I really dislike the personal statement prompts that ask you why your research interests fit well with the program AND how the program will help you reach your goals (for me and probably many others, those are pretty much the same thing).

Some ideas from a non-expert: it sounds like they want to know specifically how the money will help you. If you're using it for tuition, maybe talk about how it will help free up your time to carry out your time-intensive study plans (then it doesn't sound like you're being sarcastic when you bring up "not being a shitty student"). I don't know if you plan to attend conferences or give talks, but if you could provide specific examples of those, too, it would probably make you look like you're taking the program seriously and have good plans for the money.

• 2 months later...