Help grade my Issue response?

sdfiguer

If anyone can grade my issue task response from my practice GRE exam, I would be grateful. I would also return the favor on any essays that you have recently completed. 

The following bold statement is the essay prompt, the following paragraphs are my essay response.

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Emotion-based decisions, otherwise known as acting on one's "gut feelings", may lead people into making the wrong decisions. On the other hand, acting purely on one's logic can also push people into emotionally disturbing situations.

Most beneficial decisions arise from emotion, or "gut feelings". For example, if one accepts a job based on the feeling that it "feels right", then they are most likely going to be content working in there new position. Justification can come after the offer is accepted, when they are able to barter for a higher salary, more benefits or vacation days, etc. If logic is the primary response for making important decisions, they may be immediately turned away by potential hurdles that they could otherwise conquer if they trusted their feelings.

Another situation in which emotion may better suit the decision-maker is as follows: a tenant recently adopts a siberian husky puppy and, following suit, their landlord demands that the tenant must get rid of the puppy or have their rent increase by 25%. A response based on pure logic would result in the tenant selling their new puppy or putting the dog back up for adoption, which would definitely be emotionally disturbing. On the other hand, relying on mostly emotion would influence the tenant to either move to location with a more lenient pet policy, or to merely accept the steep rent increase. 

It is possible, however, for emotion to get in the way of making important decisions. Sometimes, life demands making decisions with uncomfortable outcomes that may not sit will with our conscience. When emotion defies logic it may be more beneficial to rely on a logic-based decision making process. In the aforementioned example, it was discussed that considering a job offer under an emotional-based process can be beneficial. Even so, such a situation may feel right but still be highly detrimental in the long run. The position may seem satisfying, but the individual may not be able to ask for a higher salary or may not receive any benefits.

Decisions that are, in general, beneficial in the long-term should have some component of logic wired into the decision-making process. Even so, it is important to include one's emotional spectrum into this process. It is faulty to assume that a person can make a decision purely based on logic, or solely based on emotion. Humans are emotional beings just as much as they are logical beings. Different people may rely heavily on emotion or logic, however, it is highly unlikely that they can abandon one decision-making process for another. It is more likely that people land on a spectrum of relying more on emotion-based process, or more on a logic-based process. With this being said, it seems far more beneficial to rely on an decision making process which has a foundation built on emotion.