Request Letter 3 years later

So I am hoping to apply to grad school again. I applied back in 2014 (also the year I graduated), but decided not to attended for financial and career reasons. Particularly, I was hoping to get more experience because I would like to go to a social work program. 

I want to get a letter from a current employer and I would like to ask a previous prof for a recommendation.

I am worried because I have asked this professor for many recommendations for a variety of programs and we haven't spoken in a year.

Do you think they will have a problem or it will be rude to ask them again?

10 minutes ago, lamanc said:

I am worried because I have asked this professor for many recommendations for a variety of programs and we haven't spoken in a year.

Do you think they will have a problem or it will be rude to ask them again?

There's nothing else you can do but try. I'm sure your email will be polite and thank them for their help in the past, and explain your current plans. I'm also sure you'll give them plenty of notice and offer to provide any relevant documents they might need. Most people will be understanding. Since a letter already exists, it shouldn't actually be that much work to tailor it to this year's applications, since I assume basically nothing's changed in how well this prof knows you. I'd say, go for it, you have nothing to lose.