Cog Psych - Heard Back From These?

cogpsychgal

FSU - PIRT program

UMass-Amherst

UConn - Lang and Cog

I heard UMass made their decisions already and have notified people. I also heard they were short on funding and may not have taken as may as they thought they were going to. Not sure how valid that is.

I heard UConn is still going over applications.

Not sure about FSU

I applied to UMass Amherst too and I haven't heard anything.

I don't know about your other ones. I'm skeptical about people hearing back from UMass already because I haven't seen anything on the results forum concerning Amherst at all, nor have I heard anything from any of my friends.

Maybe they did though, I have no idea

anyone hear from penn or jhu. i havent heard a word from either. starting to think im losing my mind.

Yeah, I interviewed with JHU cognitive psych a few weeks ago and got my admission letter last week.

Yeah, I interviewed with JHU cognitive psych a few weeks ago and got my admission letter last week.

congrats on your harvard acceptance, I suppose if we haven't heard back from them we should consider ourselves rejected?

-rad

congrats on your harvard acceptance, I suppose if we haven't heard back from them we should consider ourselves rejected?

-rad

Well I applied to Developmental at Harvard and they do their admissions somewhat separately (we had interviews, and I don't think other subfields do), so I don't think you would necessarily be rejected. Cognitive might just be on a different timeline?

• 2 weeks later...

So i emailed the Penn director and he said my application was on hold, i'm in some middle ground between accepted and waitlisted. I haven't gotten an official waitlist email and he said to sit tight until I hear from him again. Should I be at all optimistic about this?

Well I applied to Developmental at Harvard and they do their admissions somewhat separately (we had interviews, and I don't think other subfields do), so I don't think you would necessarily be rejected. Cognitive might just be on a different timeline?

Who'd you choose as your POI at hopkins?

Hey there,

I just got an email from UMass Amherst today asking to discuss potential advisors etc for cognitive PhD. Pretty sure I am going to be accepting a Vision Science offer at Berkeley though. Hang in there, UMass Amherst is definitely still reviewing applications.