Woodrow Wilson School

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats Lusaker!

I guess we can expect the next batch at 3 AM EST... which is to say now... hmm. Curse being on the West Coast, means it's not too late so I'm not tired enough to knock myself out... bah!

... and this is the worst possible way of notifying people, wish they would just send everything at once and put us out of our misery. Mailbox!!

Edit - 12:10 now, still nothing... bleaker and bleaker!

Edited by kabutar

Granted, nerves and general disappointment are talking here, but does anyone else find it bizarre they would send emails out in the middle of the night (US time)?

congrats Lusaker!

I guess we can expect the next batch at 3 AM EST... which is to say now... hmm. Curse being on the West Coast, means it's not too late so I'm not tired enough to knock myself out... bah!

... and this is the worst possible way of notifying people, wish they would just send everything at once and put us out of our misery. Mailbox!!

Edit - 12:10 now, still nothing... bleaker and bleaker!

Granted, nerves and general disappointment are talking here, but does anyone else find it bizarre they would send emails out in the middle of the night (US time)?

I don't mind that they sent acceptances in the middle of the night - just wish they had sent both rejections and acceptances at the same time. This way it's obvious we're out plus they are making us wait for the rejection. Very cruel, WWS!

I agree with you that it is weird to send addmission emails in the middle of the night. Even if they were automatically sent, the WWS should set a more appropriate for the system rather than sent some emails at 12:01am and them some more at 3 am.

I don't mind that they sent acceptances in the middle of the night - just wish they had sent both rejections and acceptances at the same time. This way it's obvious we're out plus they are making us wait for the rejection. Very cruel, WWS!

ouch, so cruel indeed!

You would think SOME of us would have gotten rejects by now tho. I don't recall them doing accepts separately last year, but who knows. Just wish they'd put me out of my misery lol, I need more than 3 hrs sleep for my hockey game tonight!

No Kidding. I just realized that I've been staring at my inbox for the last 3 hours-and am now not only more dejected than before but also royally late for work.

Same here.

I've just accepted that I won't get much done today and will probably have to stay late to make up for it...

Congrats to those who have already heard, and to those who will get the good news shortly. Also, let's not forget about the waitlist. As tortuous as that purgatory is, especially given the low pull rate, there is always a chance some could be pulled from it.

Yeah, I was jumpy enough checking my email as it was, without waiting for the ax to fall!

Feel extra pity for those of us in Europe, who started work at 12:00am EST, when the first news was going out... It's been a looong day so far! The husband and I are just now heading out to a big, boozy dinner at a great restaurant so I can calmly ignore my email for the rest of the evening.

And I wish the same for all of you - do something you enjoy this afternoon and evening. Don't let the adcoms truly take over your day ;)

Edited by Batignolles

Yeah, I've never heard of WWS doing acceptances and rejections separately. I think they do them in batches of folks -- I'm sure some people have already received rejections, but our small sample of people here hasn't captured that result. So don't bash my hopes against the rocks of despair! :P

Keep the faith, everyone.

PolicyGuy101: here's hoping that you are right.

However, it does baffle me that if they 'auto program' the emails to be sent out (it beggars belief to think that some poor sod was sitting in the Admissions Office sending out emails at 12am-1:30am EST) why they couldn't be sent out in one go?

I am terribly confused: I am also currently in a EST + 11 hrs time zone waiting to board a flight to a beach holiday...

so, odd juxtaposition of matters.

Very good luck all!

The strangeness of the timing could be a technical issue. When I spoke with someone from admissions back in November they told me they were working with a new vendor (for their application processing system); maybe this has caused a glitch that stopped all of the admissions notices from going out as planned.

Agreed, wb2un. It looks like their admit rate is much lower than usual (maybe a result of the Robertson lawsuit settlement?), so it may be time to start preparing for bad news.

I think their admit rate is around 9-10%, about the same as it is every year... maybe 9% instead of 10%, but not a huuuge difference...

Minerva, hope you're right about the email thing... I'm assuming they've autoprogrammed them, but it's definitely weird having one batch at 12 and then apparently nothing...? and it's past 12 EST now, unless they're planning to release the rejects right at 4 EST so they can flee the office.

I only see accepts on the results search though so... maybe only one batch of accepts went out? who knows... but I'm almost at the end of my rope lol, we need to be done with this already!

Edited by kabutar

I think their admit rate is around 9-10%, about the same as it is every year... maybe 9% instead of 10%, but not a huuuge difference...

Minerva, hope you're right about the email thing... I'm assuming they've autoprogrammed them, but it's definitely weird having one batch at 12 and then apparently nothing...? and it's past 12 EST now, unless they're planning to release the rejects right at 4 EST so they can flee the office.

I only see accepts on the results search though so... maybe only one batch of accepts went out? who knows... but I'm almost at the end of my rope lol, we need to be done with this already!

Well, it would be methodologically unsound to assume anything about trends / their notification algorithm from what you see either on the forum, or the results database because there is no way we can assume statistical representativeness :P

(apologies for bad nerd joke)

Edited by wb2un

Well, it would be methodologically unsound to assume anything about trends / their notification algorithm from what you see either on the forum, or the results database because there is no way we can assume statistical representativeness :P

(apologies for bad nerd joke)

;) Quite alright, I'm an engineer myself! However, there is a small flaw in your logic: with such a small sample size on this board, we should expect to see many more rejects rather than admits so far. :P

EDIT, apparently there's been a bomb threat in the new chem building at Princeton... delay inducing perhaps? Oi

Edited by kabutar

Which, I'm afraid, should lead us to believe that the admits were sent this morning and the rejections/waitlists will go out later.... Like an earlier poster suggested, I'd send the bad news late in the day myself....

Thanks for all of your comments though, makes the wait and possible bad news easier to digest...