Help Deciding on a Masters in I/O program in Florida

jjan87

Hello,

My name is Josh. I have applied to various masters in I/O psych programs in the state of FL. So far I have been accepted into FIT, UWF, and Barry Univ. I am waiting to hear back from UCF and CAU. I would appreciate any info on the schools which would help me make my choice.

Specifically how does Barry's MS in Organizational Learning and Leadership stack up with a MS in I/O. Which one would land me a better job?

Also I would like to learn how Carlos Albizu University compare to the other schools. I know that they were ranked pretty highly on SIOP's study. Are there any grads or current students that I can ask some questions? Thank you for any and all information.

Hello,

My name is Josh. I have applied to various masters in I/O psych programs in the state of FL. So far I have been accepted into FIT, UWF, and Barry Univ. I am waiting to hear back from UCF and CAU. I would appreciate any info on the schools which would help me make my choice.

Specifically how does Barry's MS in Organizational Learning and Leadership stack up with a MS in I/O. Which one would land me a better job?

Also I would like to learn how Carlos Albizu University compare to the other schools. I know that they were ranked pretty highly on SIOP's study. Are there any grads or current students that I can ask some questions? Thank you for any and all information.

One of my friends is in the I/O MA program @ UCF (she'll be done with her first year this may). She LOVES it. UCF is ranked one of the best I/O programs in the country, so she feels like it carries a pretty nice reputation... hope this helps!

Hello,

UCFs Master's program has traditionally been on a separate campus from the doctoral program but as of next year they will be together on the main campus. This offers a lot more opportunities that many of the programs you mentioned will not have. The faculty at UCF are top notch. There are 3 SIOP fellows on staff, which is the highest honor academics in I/O can receive.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, but I would recommend staying away from schools like Barry, for the basic fact that they tend to be much more expensive than state schools like FIT and UCF. Also I feel like an MS in Org. learning really limits what you can do because individuals that obtain their masters in I/O usually deal a lot with training and selection which it does not sound like Org. Learning will cover (although I am not familiar with that program).

UCFs Master's program has traditionally been on a separate campus from the doctoral program but as of next year they will be together on the main campus. This offers a lot more opportunities that many of the programs you mentioned will not have. The faculty at UCF are top notch. There are 3 SIOP fellows on staff, which is the highest honor academics in I/O can receive.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, but I would recommend staying away from schools like Barry, for the basic fact that they tend to be much more expensive than state schools like FIT and UCF. Also I feel like an MS in Org. learning really limits what you can do because individuals that obtain their masters in I/O usually deal a lot with training and selection which it does not sound like Org. Learning will cover (although I am not familiar with that program).

Thank you for your input but does any one have any ratings of the programs other than the one listed on SIOP.org? Has anyone recieved an acceptance letter from UCF? I am still waiting on mine. I have read they will go out around mid march so I am probably getting anxious. What do you think are good classes to look for in programs that I am considering? I see that training and selection are areas that should be covered are there any other important ones I have not considered?