Sciences Po, Paris

Knotty

I don't know anything about the master's program, but I studied abroad in Paris for a full year last year and took half my classes at Sciences Po. The student body is very driven and hard-working. The classes are definitely difficult and there's a big emphasis placed on the exposé to teach students to become good public speakers. I'm assuming you're fluent in French? You definitely need to be.

I don't know anything about the master's program, but I studied abroad in Paris for a full year last year and took half my classes at Sciences Po. The student body is very driven and hard-working. The classes are definitely difficult and there's a big emphasis placed on the exposé to teach students to become good public speakers. I'm assuming you're fluent in French? You definitely need to be.

The MPA is actually entirely in English, so you don't need to be fluent in French. I think they also offer language courses so that by the time you're graduated you will however be able to communicate in French.

Otherwise from what I've heard it's similar to the one at LSE (London). Don't really know anything else...

Hi, I am from France and will try to give you a fair opinion about science po. This is a prestigious school with strong european influence. French politicians, major business executives, let's say a big part of the french elite form its alumnis. This is a competitive school difficult to enter. Generally, the school provides a solid general training, which students usually complete with other programs including business programs, law, or the national administration school (french public service school).

With respect to the MPA, I will say that the school alone suffers a deficit of international reputation compared to the other major reknown programs such as SAIS, SIPA, LSE etc...I think that the MPA is worth if added to SAIS, SIPA or LSE - because the education they deliver is very good - but not alone. If Europe is your target, science po is competitive. If the world is your target, then you want to join one of the joints proograms.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your responses. :rolleyes:

I'm still deciding on which schools I should attend. I know Sciences Po is very reputable in Europe. However I wonder how much of an advantage it would be to attend Sciences Po given that it's generally harder (or is it nearly impossible given the current labor market) for non-EU residents to work in Europe?