Albert Einstein Medical - Yeshiva

gradcafe_st

Hi everyone,

I got accepted to Albert Einstein -Yeshiva Univ. I wanted to get feedback about the uni. in general. I am an international student and don't have the chance to go and see and evaluate.

If people who know/heard or actually studying there can give me feedback in life/enviroment/..etc. I will be glad.

By the way my area is systems bio. and they have good research in the area. My main concern is the life and enviroment because I got some bad feedback about it from some friends.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am an international student. Major in Molecular Biology and have a minor in Math. I am currently doing my master in Germany in Systems Biology but will not finish it and start phd in US in fall 2010.

I have a Fulbright Scholarship and I have contacted with a PI whose work I was very interested (he is working on developmental systems bio.) and he was interested too. But I have an acceptance from Duke and I am trying to decide between the two.

Hi everyone,

I got accepted to Albert Einstein -Yeshiva Univ. I wanted to get feedback about the uni. in general. I am an international student and don't have the chance to go and see and evaluate.

If people who know/heard or actually studying there can give me feedback in life/enviroment/..etc. I will be glad.

By the way my area is systems bio. and they have good research in the area. My main concern is the life and enviroment because I got some bad feedback about it from some friends.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, me too. I am informed about the acceptance this week and waiting for the official letter.

• 5 months later...

I can't speak to the quality of the school or the programs but I do have one serious warning to a very specific group of prospective students. The university administration should be considered very GLBT unfriendly. The university provides student housing including family housing for married students. When a lesbian student pettitioned to rent a family unit with her partner they were unequivocally denied at all levels of the administration. Eventually it went up to the state supreme court or court of appeals, i forget which. The school lost for those interested so obviously they must provide the housing now but for any GLBT students considering this school i suggest caution, I was considering applying to it myself until I learned about the law suit. Prolly not an issue for most people here but on the off hand it is I wanted to add that fact.