MA / MSc vs Masters in something else

marloe

Hello all, 

I have applied to a couple of Masters programs in Toronto and I amcontemplating a few others. One is a traditional Masters of Arts or MA, and the other is the Master of Information at U of T or MI. Also contemplating the Digital Media Program at York, which can be MA or MSc. 

Do you think it matters whether a program is a MA, MSc, MI or some other combinations of letters ? There is a slight chance that if I really enjoy my graduate studies and find suitable research areas that I would like to continue on with a PhD studies when I am finished the masters. Would having something other than a MA or MSc impact that ? The Master of Information program does seem to have a bit of professional slant, but also has the ability to be more research focused than coursework focused, and U of T does have a PhD program in it, but I am not sure how such a degree would be viewed by others schools if I wanted to continue studies at a different institution. 

Thoughts ? 

Edited by stuart_d