I need YOUR help!

cos5035

Hi,

I have been accepted into 5 masters programs. JHU SAIS (Bologna 1st year, DC 2nd year), American SIS, NYU SCPS, Carnegie Mellon (Heinz III), and University of Pittsburgh's GSPIA.

Right now I am torn between GSPIA, which has offered me a full ride, and SAIS, which is the best program for what I want to do. Is SAIS worth it? Everyone, my academic advisors, my parents, and my peers thinks so. But right now I am debt-free and hesitant to take on debt. Please help me!

The John Hopkins program is pretty awesome from what I have heard and you would be in DC where it might be easier to make connections you would need to get a job. I mean I think it depends on how much debt you would have in the end.. assumings its international relations with a master you can expect somewhere between 50,000 to 75,000 (lower for non-profit) so if you think you can pay off your debts in 2 to 3 years it is probably worth the better program in the long run. Also if you haven't had a lot of international experience then this program would be really worth it...

But still if you think the Pittsburgh program is going to afford you other good opportunities and you will still end up where you want then take the money :)