NCSU Masters in Analytics graduating in 2020

Anamika14

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If your application was not fully complete at the time of submission (waiting on letters of recommendation for example) then it is possible that your application was pushed back to the 2nd round. 

They're looking for a diverse set of candidates.  They want some that show strong management potential, others that show a very strong math/analytics aptitude.  The biggest thing is they want people who WANT to improve themselves, and can show that in their academic/professional backgrounds, not just talk about wanting to be there.  The interview will vary based on the applicants background, but you will be expected to explain things like a p-value, regression, maybe how you go about model selection.  I had one question about what kind of programs I wrote.  The bulk of my interview was talking about my management experience and how I went about identifying and solving problems that someone in a leadership role may face.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 12:20 PM, Anamika14 said:

I would like to know about interview questions and what exactly is expected from a candidate.

Also i had applied in Nov 2018 but havent heard back from them yet.

Hi - did you receive any update on your application ? I am an international applicant and I applied in last week of Jan. I haven’t heard anything yet from them.