Northern Illinois University

So I got accepted to Northern Illinois University, but I know absolutely nothing about the program or the school. Could anyone tell me anything about it? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @zaralee! Congratulations on your acceptances! I'm going to be applying to those exact same colleges/universities in the fall to begin in 2020! I was wondering if you would be willing to share your academic credentials (i.e., GPA, GRE, undergrad experience, etc.) that ultimately got you into those schools. If not, no worries! I just wanted to see where I stack up compared to other students admitted into those programs. Thanks! :)   

Absolutely! I'm post-bacc, first degree was in teaching. I graduated from undergrad in 2011.

My cumulative GPA was 3.43 Post-bacc GPA: 3.83  CSD GPA: 4.0

GRE scores were 157V/150Q/4.5AW

I had exactly 0 undergrad experience. I'm just working on my observation hours right now as I finish up my last pre-reqs, however I was a teacher so I'm not sure if that was considered experience. 

I have heard that NIU looks for some diversity in their program, but I have no idea what that means. I suppose since I'm a nontraditional student (I have 3 kids, and I'm 30 years old). I have accepted student day tomorrow though so I'll be able to tell you better! Good luck! It's been a tough process!