So sad and I need some opinions...

Daniela

So according to the results search, my top choice has starting sending people emails of their acceptance today. I did not receive one. Do you think this means I have been rejected? (People have also received rejections today... the rejections were through regular mail).

Thanks guys, I appreciate your opinions!

Don't worry about it too much. I got my acceptance from one of the schools 3 weeks after they started giving results to other students. Keep holding on until you actually see it in writing. :-/ Good luck!

Thanks. I'm just hoping that this email wasn't done in one large swoop and they already accepted everyone. It was a VERY small program (maybe 20 acceptances tops). :(

Keep hope alive! My top choices website stated that they only admit about 30 students a year. I called and spoke with the grad school head and was told that they actually admit a few more than that. Hang in there! I know it's easier said than done but you've still got time!

Keep hope alive! My top choices website stated that they only admit about 30 students a year. I called and spoke with the grad school head and was told that they actually admit a few more than that. Hang in there! I know it's easier said than done but you've still got time!

Thanks. It's just really depressing me because it seems that everyone who did receive an acceptance email today all received it at the same time...

So according to the results search, my top choice has starting sending people emails of their acceptance today. I did not receive one. Do you think this means I have been rejected? (People have also received rejections today... the rejections were through regular mail).

Thanks guys, I appreciate your opinions!

Daniela,

If you are going to take your lack of acceptance letter negatively than you have got to take your lack of a rejection letter positively. Even if they did send out official acceptances to all their top candidates, the fact that you didn't get a rejection letter (as other non-accepted applicants did) sounds like they may be considering you as an alternate. In most programs (especially good ones) some of the accepted applicants decline the offer for an offer somewhere else (at another good school). They may be holding you application aside to accept if/when one of the accepted applicants turns down their offer.

Good luck!!

Daniela,

If you are going to take your lack of acceptance letter negatively than you have got to take your lack of a rejection letter positively. Even if they did send out official acceptances to all their top candidates, the fact that you didn't get a rejection letter (as other non-accepted applicants did) sounds like they may be considering you as an alternate. In most programs (especially good ones) some of the accepted applicants decline the offer for an offer somewhere else (at another good school). They may be holding you application aside to accept if/when one of the accepted applicants turns down their offer.

Good luck!!

Thanks Alli! I appreciate the positive thinking. I am going to try to hold true to positive thoughts.

Decisions (offers or denials) can be sent in batches, so maybe you aren't part of the first wave but you'll catch the next! Just be patient and don't read too much into things that aren't there yet. :)

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it. It doesn't look too good for me, people at my undergrad college (and on the results search here) already received a letter of acceptance through an e-mail. There have been no posts today about more acceptances coming through to anyone, so I'm guessing that was it. :(

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it. It doesn't look too good for me, people at my undergrad college (and on the results search here) already received a letter of acceptance through an e-mail. There have been no posts today about more acceptances coming through to anyone, so I'm guessing that was it. :(

Daniela, as many on this forum will attest, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. Keep your hopes up and hang in there!

Daniela, as many on this forum will attest, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. Keep your hopes up and hang in there!

as a fat guy with a woman inside, I just want to know who the original fat lady was that was singing? did she do a solo? was she on a swing?

@ootg: 40+, ~24hrs....the odds arent too bad :)

as a fat guy with a woman inside, I just want to know who the original fat lady was that was singing? did she do a solo? was she on a swing?

@ootg: 40+, ~24hrs....the odds arent too bad :)

martizzle, you are really funny!tongue.gif