NSERC Taiwan or Japan

gradmubc

Too sorry to hear that as well!! but do they send rejection via emails? or you sent them an email and they replied back with a rejection ?

I am still waiting nothing from NSERC yet!!

Too sorry to hear that as well!! but do they send rejection via emails? or you sent them an email and they replied back with a rejection ?

I am still waiting nothing from NSERC yet!!

Hi, I got an email from them saying that only 15 slots are available out of 88 applications from NSERC, CIHR and SSHRC and that I am on the wait list so in case anyone changes his/her plan then I might have a chance!!

I pretty much dont think that anyone would want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so I just considered its done!! Will apply again next year and hope for the best!!

I dont know why you did not get the email!! maybe it will come to you soon!!!

All the best!!

Hi, I got an email from them saying that only 15 slots are available out of 88 applications from NSERC, CIHR and SSHRC and that I am on the wait list so in case anyone changes his/her plan then I might have a chance!!

I pretty much dont think that anyone would want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so I just considered its done!! Will apply again next year and hope for the best!!

I dont know why you did not get the email!! maybe it will come to you soon!!!

All the best!!

I applied to NSERC but also did not get an email reply yet. I'm trying to decide on whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

gradmubc: Sorry to hear that. Are you on the waitlist?

I haven't anything from CIHR. They told me that they still have an internal validation process which NSERC doesn't have (hence NSERC is releasing the result sooner). And they will notify everyone via mail = more waiting. Why can't they e-mail the result? I just don't get it. I feel I've aged so much in the last couple of weeks :P

I applied to SSHRC. They recently emailed me giving me and application number and acknowledging my application - but no word on whether I was accepted.

I applied to NSERC, but received no such conformation. Did anybody else who applied to NSERC get any conformation? No conformation or rejection makes me feel like they didn't get my application.

I applied to NSERC, but received no such conformation. Did anybody else who applied to NSERC get any conformation? No conformation or rejection makes me feel like they didn't get my application.

I also applied to NSERC and haven't received a rejection email or any confirmation either...It might only be SSHRC thats doing confirmation emails...Im surprised NSERC is even sending rejection emails, I was told they just send everything by mail

I also applied to NSERC and haven't received a rejection email or any confirmation either...It might only be SSHRC thats doing confirmation emails...Im surprised NSERC is even sending rejection emails, I was told they just send everything by mail

Yeah, my friends have been getting PGSD rejections by mail. But the fact that you also did not get a conformation or rejection e-mail puts my mind at ease. But when I emailed NSERC asking about when the results will be announced, they said "very shortly", and that was over 2 weeks ago. Maybe we don't share the same concept of short.

Yeah, my friends have been getting PGSD rejections by mail. But the fact that you also did not get a conformation or rejection e-mail puts my mind at ease. But when I emailed NSERC asking about when the results will be announced, they said "very shortly", and that was over 2 weeks ago. Maybe we don't share the same concept of short.

I totally agree that we and they (CIHR, SSHRC and NSERC) don't share the same concept about what the length of time means. I called CIHR at the beginning of March and was told the result would be out within the next 2 weeks. And I called again last week, the reply was once again that the result would be out within the next 2 weeks (although she did say definitely). So I think next week is it but that's what I've been telling myself since the beginning of March :P

Got am e-mail from CIHR this morning with a notification e-mail. First thought is I have been rejected b/c they are notifying by e-mail. But turns out the letter congrats me on being forwarded to Japan by CIHR and said JSPS usually accepts the recommendation. I have to let CIHR/ JSPS know whether I am going or not by Apr. 23. However, in the letter it did say I only passed the first stage of selection and final decision will be mailed to me. So I am confused about whether I got it or not. Time to harass CIHR but this time I have a reason to :) Good luck everyone. Let me know how it goes on the NSERC end.

Edited by immunologist